So much variety in PvP right now

Monthly meta. This too shall pass.

No, and neither am I!
Yum yum daemon in my tum tum :grinning:

1 Like

Actually I don’t disagree with you.

If you are a competitive PvP player, you know your defense team’s win rate is tied to your ranking. So you’re really only motivated to use the team you’ve found with the highest overall PvP win rate. It just so happens that means “a griefing team”.

For a player less interested in the upper tiers, “a more varied PvP experience” is desired. Honestly these players have no reason to care about their defense team. So they’ve got “whatever” and tend to actually provide what variety we get.

As far as I can tell, there’s nothing on the roadmap intended to address this. Hence the “yawn”. Whatever happens to be a team no one’s super-secret PvP team can handle is going to be the dominant high-end meta. That Dawnbringer snuck into the spotlight tells me the secret sauce teams don’t deal with Barrier well, which says a few things about what the attackers are going to do, and helps predictions of what the next meta-of-the-month will be.

Not really. It’s a really old SS but I did ok with a really crappy defense team.

Im certainly not a competitive PvP player. I’ll do what is required to get to rank 1 for the rewards and then that’s me done for the week. Hats off to those who play a lot but I don’t have the time to put those kind of hours in, nor do I think it is worth it.

Nevertheless, you’ll always have meta teams, plenty of them in guild wars let alone PvP. I understand how such teams frustrate people and that variation is wanted. I see both sides of the coin but I’m just plain lazy :+1:

The rewards for pvp rankings aren’t worth it, the gold and glory gained for a week’s play are however.

4 Likes

I used a all beast team when we were able to tweak collection of gems. Because I was able to improve the teams performance a lot this way. So it managed to win a lot. Before this it lost more than it won. and now that its returned to no sliders, they went back to heavy losses. So I removed them. I’d do a different team but I hate losing. So I have a typical Famine/Psion team. And its unlikely they’ll add sliders back in. Or I’d toss in other teams. I’d also toss in a different team if the AI could play better. It seems the AI is too stupid at the moment to play even remotely effective unless its led by the hand. Which troops like the above can do for a braindead AI.

Rule of making an observation about rules in a game on an internet forum:

No matter how correct you are, some player somewhere has been the edge case and will try to derail your entire statement because of that.

This kind of team shouldn’t even exist. Being able to loop ad nauseum so easily is more than toxic for a game like GoW. At least goblins is all about random. This one is just a free win in defense 75% of the time.

The most amazing thing to me about this is how many people have DB. I’m a level 1,100something and VIP level 5 and I have like… 200k souls? And you need what, over a million? Maybe I’m just stupid and don’t know how to farm souls because even Pharos-Ra teams only get me 120 per battle no matter what I do. :confused:

You should play with 3 necromancer trait units and wear the celestial armor.
I play with 3 warlocks and 1 dragon soul. I win 375 soul per battle in exploration.

1 Like

If I have to fight this crap then so does everyone else

3 Likes

This is a… strange notion… that you have right here. I can understand that your frustration is quite high to the point of such overreaction. But still you are wrong on what you are angry about.

Maxx, the thing is, players don’t owe nothing to other players, specially if it’s a competitive mode. PVP in GoW is not exactly competitve, but if it was you should expect to always face the best/strongest team someone can assemble, and that’s what defines a Meta.

It’s ok if you want to field whatever team you want to help players, but it’s also ok if people don’t do that. It’s not their job to provide variety and a better experience to other players. And that’s a very subjective matter as some players feel challenged by strong teams or simply figuring out reliable strategies to deal with said teams.

You could only blame the players for griefing in very few cases, like stalling matchs if we would have real-time PVP, or fielding bugged troops that could force a reset in the game or would have an unintended advantage.

If they are not exploiting the game in any sense, then you shouldn’t get mad at them about anything.

Now, if you want variety on PVP that’s another topic that can be discussed.

2 Likes

Sooooo…

You just called her “one of the worst people in GoW” for something you plan to do for revenge. What does that make you?

5 Likes

Yeah you’re right I am probably overreacting.

I’m going to go back to arena and forget about pvp for a while.

It’s been done to death. One of the troops on the meta team gets nerfed we get a bit of variety for a while until another annoying team gets found and it’s back to no variety again.

1 Like

A hypocrite

1 Like

And it’s a thing that must be discussed as long as it’s needed. At this point it’s hardly about just nerfing some troops or effects, it’s simply that we have a dire need for reworks too as well as some clever solution to make people opt for new teams every week or so.

There is no rotation in GoW outside the release of stronger troops (a.k.a powercreep) there is nothing limiting what the players can use, and honestly i suggested it a long time ago that having some restrictions could work:

I still think it can work, at this point just the “carrot” (I expect @Sheba to appear eventually :wink: ) wouldn’t do much of a thing, as in, what can be ofered for changing teams without literally giving players a reward for doing nothing? They aren’t playing their teams on defense and they lose almost nothing for each defeat, so even a small token of incentive seems kind of a lot in my (unpopular) opinion.

The restriction on team building is surely a “stick”, but one we really need i think.

I deleted my last comment. I’m sorry @NekrosLucem I was just really annoyed with pvp and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.

For now I’m just going to stick to arena and explore and forget about pvp for the rest of the week. I think it might even be time to quit the game.

1 Like

I hope you stay, just take a rest for a while. I can imagine you are truly ashamed and such decision should be made when you reach a better emotional balance. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I probably should take a rest 850 battles is too many in a week for me.

I’m reading your PvP bans thread now and I’ll reply there.

@Lyya could you please lock this thread? I probably shouldn’t have made it in the first place