So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

I play PC and I played on 1x speed.

I think that’s the way to do it. But there might be a different problem. Although I’m no developer so I don’t know what the next thing I’m about to say means. As I experience cascades not in favor for me my girlfriend had cascades in HER favor. Next game it was the opposite. So there could be a fluctuation. Also she had a card with 294 life!! haha and the opponent had 300+ life. She has a screenshot to prove it :smiley: I’m going to ask her to record some of her games and ask her to keep a record of the statistics.

It’s not speed related… speed just speeds things up, it doesn’t affect game play in any way other then that.

1 Like

yes I had that same observation. That’s why I got really really blown away… in my head …like WHAAAAAT!!! more or less. So I can concur with: [quote=“Mad_Butch, post:80, topic:26097”]
making 1 move, and then 3 to 7 others fall into place behind it.
[/quote]

@Flip Yup, those moments are crazy.
… We had guildie play a battle with Forest Guardian and Giant Spider as his last 2 troops against Draaculis. Draak had 700 life - both FG and Spider had over 300. It was before the update, though.

Also, if we can’t get 100s, less is fine as well. It’s just some numbers to work with.
… I for example had a crazy Guild Wars battle yesterday. 3 of my troops wiped on turn 1. That - however - I calculated as my own mistake.
… But I had the very same moments before the update, as well.

Maybe I need a few more GW days RNGed to oblivion to open my eyes, do you think? :smile:

@peterix

Well the 4match mana surge is something I’ve been quiet use to for sometime now. I play on console, PC and mobile. Console its been around for a long time now. Nothing to do 4x speed. :grin:

About the rest what you posted…Thanks for sharing YOUR experience its a cool story bro.

I don’t think it is only a feeling, it is here. The hard part is to find out what changed.

I got my first blob, dragonsoul cleared the field and then around 15 purple gems droping from the sky, all together in one blob. Then there are more lucky skulls in the battle, the ai makes a 3-match, then get a skull for free, next round the same and again and again. Its not each battle, but sometimes. With the Adobe Air Version, most time i know what happend, yet i don´t. One battle against psion, famine, death, famine i won because dragonsoul gives me two times in a row two skulls. Not at the same time, the first skull combine and then i got the next skull at the same position.

I don’t think, looking at the gem remover will let us see what changed. Exploder like Dragonsoul are better i think and this must be done in all two versions, in the old an new.

My friend playing this day at GW on green day with 3x Spririt Fox and Giant Spider, a Team since he played, he never lost a game in GW. At third position he had 2x Dragon Soul, Ancient Horror and Giant Spider as enemy. Three times he played against him, 2 lose, and 1 win with one Spirit Fox with 3 life left. I was with him in TeamSpeak and i heard his crys because the enemy got 4-match after 4-match. And that three times, only the last battle he had luck too and won the match. After this he endet the game and don’t startet it again. For two days, he don’t trusted me that something changed, yet he now it.

I’m very interested in understanding how these “magic cascades” are being done. I’ve been doing a lot of testing with various teams (exploders, converters) and playing slower to watch the cascades, and haven’t noticed anything abnormal with them. I have noticed the overwrite issue Alpheon mentioned, but this is being described as different. I’ve done some small scale testing with Gorgotha board clears and analyzed the new board makeup, and while it’s generating extra turns, for me that was happening previously too (so nothing new/different, and I don’t think unexpected but I’ll need to do some match crunching). Soon hopefully I’ll do some larger tests, just need more time :wink: . Anyway, I’m not sure if this is just certain users being “on the wrong side of random” (bad luck), or if there are specific teams that can be suggested which illustrate this behaviour. Just want to fine-tune my testing so I can play with this.

2 Likes

I thought people only lost because Famine.

1 Like

No… I am suddenly losing games that I would not have lost before… sudden spikes in RNG swing games…

I know my match-ups and I very rarely make mistakes in plays.

1 Like

Told you so. PS4 player here.

2 Likes

I am not sure, everyone …
… All the things I’m experiencing - I’ve been experiencing before, too. Against Famine teams - no unusual cascades happen. Most of the time we’re just fighting for 3-gem matches of the needed color (or we deny each other).

But when I asked my guildies - some do see more cascades. None of them remember if it was against Astral Spirits or with Krystenax teams (because frankly, no one notes those things) - but they do.
… I myself am seen as a virtue of misfortune when it comes to cascades and fighting AI. So for me it is totally plausible to see AI drop 3 new skulls into a 4th, just to drop 3 more aligned and then 3 new colored gems to fit the 4th on the board. I’ve been experiencing these moments ever since I can remember, noting them much more with GW.

I might not be the best guy to tell the difference, after all.
… We all might be able to tell better when Astral Spirits disappear from defend teams. Until then, I guess we won’t be able to tell for sure.
So far, my explodes are 73, 23 ended in an extra turn, 17 offered an extra turn to me enemy. Some times I was able to cast TDS 6 times in a row, some I couldn’t get him to make an alignment for 5 straight. Just as I remember from before the update.

I don´t think Krystenax teams should have more cascades, because they don´t cast so many times. Astral Spririt team cast each round, maybe two times in one round. But i, with only 8600 team power, find them not so strong, only as my Krystenax had only 34 life, the teams with 31 true damage was bad, but since i have 38 life (4 life more from guild), i kill them.

The battle with the 3-match and then free skull, was against a dragon team, befor even one of use castet a spell. He killed with hat skulls, my Dragotaur and Krystenax befor i even had the chance to cast Krystenax or Dragon Soul once. Dragotaur and Krystenax are fully traidet. It was no long cascades, a 3-match, then most times a 4-match and a skull, then he was picking again a 3-match. I think both units from me was death in 2 or 3 rounds.

I don’t think you have ever mentioned what difficulty you play on, could you post that?

Nope I haven’t. I didn’t think it could change things in ranked PvP where difficulties are disabled (except for the GW difficulty bug that I have seen somewhere around in forums).

My latest I’ve played on is Hard. I’ll try switching it to Warlord X and doing some more PvP. Do you think it might make a difference ?

Don’t think it matters in ranked PvP, but warlord 2 in explore mode has them every few fights.
You might notice it there.

The changes you are talking about are in Explore mode?
… I might have been talking about something completely irrelevant all along.

No, but they are the easiest noticable there to me.
I see it everywhere actually… GW the most, because those fights are the longest and you play them out.

When it happens in ranked pvp, i just leave and start another match.

The game is still way way worse on console.
Hitting your head against a brick wall for 10 minutes straight is more fun them playing guild wars on console :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Allright, so you’re saying the bug was there before the new update? But now we are all experiencing it?

Yeah who knows I’m not sure what to think anymore of this. All I know is that I stopped playing GW and GoW. I mean this says it all: [quote=“Mad_Butch, post:97, topic:26097”]
The game is still way way worse on console.
Hitting your head against a brick wall for 10 minutes straight is more fun them playing guild wars on console
[/quote]

(From this point on I’m speaking to all) I feel the same way. I do think devs need to look into it. This is an issue. I don’t have a problem when I loose because of my own fault or because whatever. I do have a problem when I’m looking at a screen going nuts because of cascades and what not with overpowered cards kicking my ass (which is turning into a nightmare: classic scene running in a dark wood hunted by a pack of wolfs and all I have is a flashlight). In every game you need to have that feeling that you are somewhat in control next to the ‘luck’ factor. But this is far from being in control. We can run statistics to sort out if it’s a cascade/difficulty bug or to separate one from another and define the problem correctly. Because which is it? More and more people are seeing this next to feeling it. In my guild I’ve seen win ratings drop in GW. And more guildies are asking what is going on (since they are not active on the forums).

But at the end of the day GoW/devs either do something about it, say something about it or just don’t do anything about it and then everyone needs to take their loss. Because to many players have said there goodbyes already.

Just watching @Tacet’s stream - he did confirm that cascades work differently now.
… He also confirmed that people on consoles can experience smarter AI - which means AI there can find cascades easier in some cases (gem spawners, for example).

However, he couldn’t confirm “more” cascades, apart from smarter AI and more mana on troops from surges - resulting on more board control and gem creation.

That mostly explains most of discussed, I suppose.

Can’t keep it up because he plays on x4 speed. So I would like to say that it’s different from what I’ve experienced but then again I couldn’t keep track of it.