So how is everyone experiencing the console cascades?

Ok cause when i asked @GoldPhoenix0 about this, he told me they were waiting for mobile and pc to be on unity and then apply the console smart AI and sliders. They changed their mind?

No it isn’t. Period.

4 Likes

so it isn’t 1 v 1?

I have no idea whether they’ve changed their minds, but it would be a bit foolish, if you ask me, for them to blindly apply such a divisive change across their established player base without really understanding what they’re getting into. I’ve been wrong about such things in the past, though. My guess is my own, and I have no special knowledge about their plans that would run counter to what you’ve heard. (A link would be appreciated, if you have one.)

1 Like

Spamming adjustment eh? Wasn’t supposed to be random? What the hell you need to adjust? Just put the gems randomly in the board!
After the combo breaker shit we now have this? And how many others? Probably, as a lot of people claimed, a drop adjustment. How can I trust you when you say drops are totally random? I don’t.

1 Like

Fair enough. I suppose we’ll just have to see whether the recent discussions and changes have sparked any sort of change in plans.

2 Likes

No need to apologize.

We appreciate all the work you put into this!

3 Likes

Yes, it should be warts and all @Rickygervais

I believe there is some confusion here between the Console AI algorithm and the Defense Sliders. @Rickygervais as far as we know we should still be getting the defense sliders at some point, but what @Lyya is referring to is the fact that the core AI algorithm on Console was different to PC/Mobile (eg I believe it used to occasionally skip 4 matches and skulls even before the defense sliders were introduced?). It is likely that the AI algorithm will be somewhere between PC and Console at the end of all this, but sliders will likely make their way to PC at some point is my guess.

1 Like

Btw @Mithran what program(s) did you use to make the videos on PC?

1 Like

Maybe but if i readed it correctly in the last sentence he mention console AI and sliders

Hard to say I agree, but my guess is that the AI itself will be tweaked a bit to be somewhere between Console and PC and then Sliders will be added to that. In short I don’t think they’re necessarily linked, but we shall see I suppose.

I use Shadowplay, which is part of with Nvidia GeForce Experience for Nvidia graphics cards.

1 Like

Thank you…

I cannot get a 4 match to save my life. Dark troll with 14 purples on the board, 18 spawns and no extra turn.

I guess we are back to the era of spawners sucking and being a liability.

3 Likes

They will adjust it

I’d also like to say that, again, I never advocated having gem spawners in this state either. I said we should start by turning off the spawn streak breaker, go full random and see where that leads us with gem spawners. Having some weird enforced arbitrary turn limit before gems start artfully dodging positions where they’d get match 4s is still terrible, especially when it seems it is at one turn at the moment. Yeah, it sucks to be at the receiving end of an actual good streak that is actually random, but there are far more egregious forms of RNG mechanics in the game that eating a few casts of a spawner in a row. It is really easy to see the stranglehold that the positional code has on whether or not a match 4 will be created by when it was inverted, it wasn’t just a higher incidence of extra turns, it was pretty much every time. If you can keep enough of your colors on the board, the spawners should feel slightly risky, but as of now they are back to auto-fail status.

Please, turn off the gem spawner streak positional code completely. That would be a start.

3 Likes

Let me just say that I hate the idea of the game manipulating the concept of “random” behind the scenes. Random should be random. A risk should be a risk, and should succeed and fail on its own luck. If the troops are not balanced properly given the average expected results, then fine – change the spells so they’re more in line with the length of the streak you want to see. It feels wrong and dirty to have some “invisible hand” manipulating the very meaning of “luck” itself.

24 Likes

That’s what I’ve been arguing for all along. Converting half the board should feel much more rewarding than this ‘fix’ has made it.

1 Like