So, how can the current meta be topped?

wouldnt that suppose to be a dokl?
anyway im fine with epics being underpowered, wish they buffed some legendaries :slight_smile:
dokkalfar is sentenced to death due to his spell character: summoning - which is slowing the battle down - and not bringing any extra mana back to balance that slow down with extra speed
cumulative damage has proven to be not high enough unless boosted by a stat modifier or being a direct damageā€¦

Actually he is due for a buffing to be honest. They have nerfed him twice and buffed him once.
The first debuff was when they removed his ability to summon the baby spider, and then they buffed him with the ability to summon giant spider, then they removed his impervious trait. He is only good at early levels and then he is quickly topped by commons and rares.

Thatā€™s true for half the Troops in the game.

2 Likes

You are correct. I want troops to get stronger as they level, however i want them to be worth the level they are. A common at level 1 should still feel like a common at level 20. A legendary should feel like a legendary from level 1 all the way to level 20. The problem might lay in the way ascension works however as it might be what is unbalancing the game for troops being higher or lower than their normal rarity. If this is the case then they should buff those troops tht do not fel like their intended rarity. Those that feel higher than their current level rarity should not be nerfed because i think everyone is beyond tired of nerfs. Time to pull out the buff bat.

1 Like

Whoa you said something both clear and logical thereā€¦ Did you bang your head? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think the older epics need a boost. My logic can be flawed, i can admit that, and i can be stone headed at times. I am not perfect. It is in knowing i am flawed that gives me the ability to still polish myself. Also i did not know before that giant spider, dokkalfar once could summon baby spider.

There is something i donā€™t understand, especially in the first few posts in this topic:

Why is everyone so obsessed with controlling the enemy troops?

I mean, of course, if your team is weaker than the enemy team, you will want something to turn that around, but why go for such a team in the first place? If your team is stronger on the other handā€¦ forget troop control, just crush those ********!

I know, Iā€™m probably missing something there but as a mid-game player who has playing for more than a year by now and usually uses a team based around Hydra, nothing ever really depends on controlling the enemy troops. I mean, as long as hydra gets hit, it accumulates damage for its spell and when i get bored of looping the mana-gens that heal Hydra, I either leave the enemy a skull combo, or i cast my beast and end the battleā€¦ Its so easy and thereā€™s no need for control at all. Give the team good synergy and thats it, at least the way I see itā€¦

Soooā€¦ now, oh dear wise endgamers, please enlighten me and tell me what Iā€™m not aware of :wink:

The same Troops end-users use on offense are mostly used on defense as well, so you control them or they control you.

I polish myself every night. Youā€™re right, works wonders.

1 Like

if your <insert hydra here or whatever 2 troops u are using top> gets mana drained then it wont cast

thats what i am tired of, ofc could counter-drain it first but i just wish there was an alternative

If feed the enemy skull matches, the enemy will neither be able to fill EK up, nor will it be willing to castā€¦ With the current AI being as stupid as it is, you can easily lead it into its own demiseā€¦

And even with most of the troops not designed for skull-tanking, with battle speeds as fast as they are usually atm, a few skull hits taken will make no difference to battle progression at allā€¦

Your entire game can be ruined by an RNG four match on the part of the enemy if you donā€™t keep them in line and stun their Khorvash or Mab.

If you donā€™t take out Khorvash before it can get two matches (assuming +1 banner and two surges, incredibly common), youā€™re never going to be able to use your first two troops at all.

Control the enemy or they control you.

Stoneskin doesnā€™t exist, because of the combination of Khorvashā€™s third trait and his ability. Tell me, then, how you have a troop that wonā€™t start feeling the burn after even one or two skull matches from Khorv. Please. Especially when your first troop is often dead the moment it drops below 25 HP

Just now I swore audibly when the enemy team took a random four match (that I admittedly missed because just waking up). I laughed a moment later when I realized that the enemy was just a Goblin team and I didnā€™t have to worry about Khorv or Mab slowing me down to a crawl.

It should not be this big of a relief to see this happening

4 Likes

I use Hydra, but ctually anything with Big/Huge/etc. and a Mercy/Valk loop works (although, in fact, any good looper team should do the trick, just could take a little longer)ā€¦ my troops health stays in the green area for very long, unless I accidentally forget to start looping again in time before it dies.

i dont see the point on looping to heal, looping to kill maybe but generally u just generating extra time per fight

anyway the subject was WHY ek is bothersome not IF/HOW he is defeatable. obviously he is defeatable but he also is a bit overpowered for his rarity imo.

2 Likes

Heā€™d be OP at any rarity. Hits two Troops for massive True Damage, Stuns and drains all Mana?

Switch him to Red/Brown, makes Valkyrie a liability on his team instead of giving him an easy way to fill.

1 Like

id prefer just nerf his mana drain to fixed number, even drain 10 mana from 2 targets would be less horrid then drain whole mana

but your version would also help, except that when they add more soul gaining troops and valk is no longer necessity

The issue I see is that they made an ultimate Yellow generator in Mercy and Valkyrie is a Blue generator that uses Blue.

Coupled with the fact that most tanks use Blue and most of the recent OP Legendaries use either Yellow or Blue, you get Valkyrie being used even when you donā€™t need Souls.

We need more top-tier Troops that use Green, every other color has at least one meta-inducing Troop but Green. I know Mercy uses Green, but sheā€™s Empowered and gets recharged with Blues 98% of the time.

Didnā€™t realize Emperor Khorvash was a Bernie Sanders fan! :smiley:

I have a team that uses Green Seer to almost have Famine perma charged.

It is about the only green user I can think of that is ā€˜metaā€™.

But mostly the green converter is used to charge the purple converter. :wink:

1 Like