So far so good with the meta in GW

I agree. If, say, the kraken and troll team got nerfed to oblivion, it would just go back to psion, Ragnagord, famine, and death/Mab/ketras/another famine/spirit fox.

1 Like

Are those teams annoying? Sure. Do they require good planning and a bit of luck? Yep.

But do they have the ability to loop endlessly? No. Do they absolutely require good luck with drops to beat? Nope.

The frustration factor with TroWisKraMab is that it tips the balance too far away from strategy and towards luck. Thatā€™s a lot less fun for most people.

1 Like

I hear you, but personally I prefer the kraken meta to play against. When it wins, at least it wins quickly! Mana drain, on the other hand, feels like death by a thousand cuts.

3 Likes

Barring some sort of permanent system to discourage using meta teams for defense in PvP, Iā€™d love to see them do a round of nerfs to all the most popular troops in PvP. At the very least, weā€™d see the exact same meta but it would be less awful. More likely, weā€™d see something new emerge, which would be a very welcome change.

Yes, there will always be a meta, but not all metas are created equally and thereā€™s a lot to be said for change for the sake of change. Itā€™s very common for games like League of Legends to nerf super popular troops, regardless of their power level, just to mix up the meta. Stale meta = bad.

I bet you a pc player, cause in console we been stuck with justice league for a while and the troll team is a joke beside justice league, nothing will be worst then that.

2 Likes

Mobile, but close enough. And Iā€™m not opposed to fixing Justice League either. My Frozen change proposal would at least help some thereā€¦

Frozen already been nerf, before if any of your troop was frozen you lost extra turn even if your troop doesnā€™t have that color

2nd this! Troll/Kraken is like an high schooler playing pro sports. It might surprise you once in 100 plays but compared to 9 months of Justice league, Itā€™s nothing.

Iā€™m afraid that the anti-meta move from the devs is to create anti-everything new troops. Impervious, Stealthy, Submerged and so on, all more or less randomly or automatically triggered. See the new and improved Dwarven, a bunch from Merlantis too. They arenā€™t food for meta troops but donā€™t do much else.

The game recently hit a milestone of 400 troops yet I still see the same troops being used in high level PVP. The meta encourages creation of looping teams which, while fun to pilot, are not fun to play against.

I propose to introduce a feature seen in Magic: The Gathering. Namely, the idea of ā€œstandardā€ vs ā€œlegacyā€. It wasnā€™t long ago that weā€™d have overpowered kingdom weeks. Some of those weeks were less interesting than others but the 20% boosts really incentivized creation of teams from the kingdom-of-the-week. Those weeks prompted me to create multiple themed teams such as Centaurs (Divinion Fields), Orcs (Grosh Nak), and pirates (Blackhawk). When that went away all I see now are permutations of Kraken, Trolls, and Mab.

Can the evolution of this idea be creating a standard block of troops allowable for use in PVP? Currently we have weekly boosts. Can this be extended to a concept of ā€œstandard blocksā€?

Example: October would be Blackhawk, Panā€™s Vale, Drifting Sands, Merlantis, Ghulvania. Only troops from these kingdoms can be used in PVP-Standardā€¦or as the next week (Silverglade) rotates in, Blackhawk rotates out. This would encourage refreshing the meta. Throw in Apocalypse and Guild troops wherever.

All troops could be used in PVP-Legacy.

3 Likes

Just sayinā€¦ This would cause me to quit GoW altogether. Why nerf everything? Especially since kraken and wisp (the main troops complained about) were just nerfed a week or so ago.

1 Like

Devs great job with GW defense. Meta is much better. However there might be need to shake up in a month or so. Great job all roundla

Nerf is a big word for what happened. Expecially for Wisp.
Take Fizzbang instead: now she was nerfed.

1 Like

Again, I suggest my previous proposal that there should be 10 separate defense-slots that can only be fill up from a troop-pool with fixed amount of cards:

Of course, the above system can include the new solution of GW-defense with bonus points, and even the six GW defense team will not take up the available attack-team slots.

1 Like

Maybe we are talking semantics here but fizzy was trashed not nerfed. She is completely useless now where wisp and kraken can still be used (barely)

2 Likes

I think you two are in total agreement, but chose a different word to express your thoughts.

Edit: while Iā€™m posting, in case any dev reads this. I consider the GW defense change a huuuuuge win. Iā€™m seeing a lot of diversity, even if that means ā€œmultiple former meta teamsā€. This was a solid idea, well executed. Thanks!

I find it a pity that you have to consider how you can limit all players with restrictions, so they are forced to use different units in the defense in PvP. Where have the days gone when the players used event groups as a defense to facilitate the gathering of eventstokens? What does a player have when he puts these meta units into the defense? Nothing! He even gets less because he gets less revenge.
In the guild wars I can understand it ā€¦ but in the PVP?

You can wait a long time for the reason of others. That is why I would also like to see a solution for PVP.
The new defense system in the guild war brought me back the fun. It is also exciting to see exactly how successful the respective defense team was.

That just isnā€™t true. Sheā€™s still relatively effective, especially on defense. Goblin teams can still steamroll you with a crazy series of loops. It just isnā€™t guaranteed now, which is a good thing.

We are just gonna have to agree to disagree on this especially since i feel like you are just trying to bait me into an argument so i get banned again

Goblin teams could steamroll you before Fizzbang even existed and can steamroll you now, with or without her. I agree that Fizzbang was eviscerated, but I think that Wispā€™s Nerf was laughable.
And in fact Wisps are still around. A lot. In the same teams as before, no adjustment needed.