Snakes and Adders

This is the actual amount of Vipers I got from a 50-batch.
Which seems cool and awesome, except it was the third 50-batch I opened and I got nothing in the first and a Venoxia in the second batch. And then I opened my last 77 chests as well in hopes of Euryali but only got another Venoxia.
Oh well. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wow! Thats very lucky! I received only copies of Venoxia and finally just 1 Viper (for around 250 event chests).
But about the display bug we have on Xbox (and PS4 probably), I begin to wonder if PC players really have it too as I see screenshots with 2 troops received. With our bug on Xbox, its impossible to see 2 troops received because when we receive 2, its written 3 and when we receive 1 its obviously written 1.

Hm. Opened my “197” event chests for Viper, got three copies.
Thought on it. Opened another 50 with gems, got another three. I call that a win.
Inasmuch as Viper is worth ascending lol.
Ooh and an even 16 of Tai-Pan too.

No preposterous amounts of Mythics but it’ll do.

I still wish Tai-Pan wasn’t so [censored] similar to Mercy+NagaQueen.

1 Like

Well you did let them know well before release, i doubt they’ll change it now or at any point going forward.^^

Tbh Naga Queen is a better troop than Tai Pan imo. TP has empowered, sounds great and does work, but a bad board makes you sit on it. In quick games with a lot of firepower TP will be better. NQ, for example if you team with Anu it gets much better than TP the longer a game goes on. I suppose the +20% combined mods this week make it more favourable, but having water link is also nice on NQ.

I’m reconsidering a little… Taipan is sometimes useful, but only for the empowered colour change… and not doing anything that Mercy couldn’t do better: almost everything worth powering with red can be powered with yellow… and Mercy has cleanse… Beyond a fast start colour change, Taipan goes back to being useless…

I still see this troop as a massive disappointing missed opportunity to both get new build options and have greater variety in options… it’s poor that it does the same change as Naga Queen (whose spell is flatly better by miles, on a UR troop) and also poor that it matches colours with Mercy - no new team design decision-making: just pile up the regular brown/red/yellow/purple explode meta and stick in one of these that, oh, only uses blue/green… (as does the ridiculous make-24-gems hero divine weapon)

2 Likes

Im trying tai in goblin team this week , i hope it will work better then siren

Poison is such a weak effect in general compared to all other status effects. It has needed a buff for ages now. 50% chance of 1 damage per turn? Don’t make me laugh. When one of my troops is poisoned I don’t even change how I play, just ignore it like it’s not there don’t even bother with a cleanse. The other status effects however, certainly change how I play.

My suggestion: combine poison and disease into one effect. So at least poisoned enemies get reduced mana.

1 Like

Well if my 3rd or 4th troop is poisoned im a little bit scared if i see scorpius :slight_smile:

Could poison the whole team and it’d still be hopeless by comparison because its poison.

Mind you, if we didn’t have Mercy to compare to, this troop would be the best thing since sliced bread.

2 Likes

Could Viper be really good on a Goblin Team, or other self-looping team like the Justice League? Constant 3 damage with no immunities or resistances, plus the extra damage per spell cast.

Whoops, never mind. I misread her last trait. I thought it said deal 3 damage to ALL enemies, not just a random one.

Viper’s 3rd trait would be better if it could be focused, like if it were to hit the last troop constantly.

3 damage randomly is not that threatening, except for the beginning of the game.

Has anyone formed a good Tai-Pan team yet? I’m thinking something like Valkyrie, Queen Titania, Tai-Pan, and a blue/red troop like Anointed One for extra reds, or Pandaska Guard.

Edit: Perhaps I should also mention I was going for a Red GW Attack team with that idea, but I’m open to ANY good Tai-Pan team in general. Just curious to see other people’s ideas.

Either that or throw him at the top of the Justice League.

Semi decent one:
Crimson Bat
Draakulis
Champion of Anu
Tai-Pan

1 Like

When these troops came out I went back to my go to Naga team and though well new troops should be better than old ones so the team should improve. Sadly, these troops add nothing.

Now after playing with these new troops for a number of games now, my initial assessment remains.

Unfortunately it’s a steaming :poop:

I strongly disagree with posters that reckon charm is a very strong effect. Viper basically becomes a 14 mana cast to poison and do some mediocre damage once enemies are separated.

Both these troops are outclassed by existing Nagas that, share the same colours (why didn’t they introduce some further colour variety to Mist of Scales and Nagas is beyond me), and of lower rarity and mana costs…

Also, neither of them synergies with Euryali either which is another major downside. Viper should have been built around being a second slot secondary attacker, rather than whatever role she’s supposed to be in her current form, cannon fodder and mana sponge perhaps?

Changes I would suggest are get rid of Arcane and give her a x2 skull damage against poisoned enemies trait, and add DeathMark and charm another random enemy to her spell.

This would allow players to use her below the hero (Assassin hero is probably the best Naga) and when the hero dies (no armour traits so does happen) do potentially do some decent skull damage to the opponent before Euryali (2nd beat Naga) summons a Bone Naga. The Death mark on her spell then buffs Bone Naga damage. I’d also change one of her colours to brown or purple. End result is a troop not markedly different from what we got but one that can work with the existing Nagas at least. Nor overpowered in other teams.

Tai-Pan, well change his colours, and um… yeah.

BUFF POISON!! :rofl:

Edit: just checking bounty and I see the rare bounty troop does almost as much damage as Viper… :roll_eyes: