Skull damage question

Me and my wife are playing Gems of War and we are still trying to figure out some things. I hope someone can help us.

1. How does skull damage traits work? I assume that only the traits of the top card during battles are in use, or am I wrong? If I use a character that reflects 50% of skull damage or is immune to 50% of skull damage, or ignores 50% of armor when doing skull damage, but that character is NOT in top position, do they still count?

2. How do the guild guardians work? It’s a pretty open question, we realize that, but honestly we’re just guessing how they work right now. How do we increase their level and do they effect guild war battles only, for example?

Cheers,
John

2 Likes

Ok as to your questions…

1. Yes, only traits on cards in first slot effect skull damage. For instance, if you have a fully traited Giant Spider in third slot, it will not inflict poison on skull damage unless the top two cards have been killed, in which case the G. Spider in third slot is now the top card.

2. Guild guardians? I think i need you to clarify a bit here brudda… Do you mean the guild statues that correspond to each color? Or the statues you level up each week for GW? Or are you talking about the troops that are guardians? courage, justice, humility, loyalty, honor, sacrifice…

3 Likes

Skull damage traits only work if that card is doing ok taking the skull damage, aka top slot.

Guild statues are levelled up by doin guild tasks, and they give permanent bonuses to all members. They also give bonus for one week, after you finish all tasks for one color, aka 6 weekly stats bonuses for finishing all guild tasks.

Guild war sentinels only have impact on guild wars, but they are on the gw tab.

2 Likes

Hehehe, V beat me to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you, both of you! I meant the guardians in the guild that have one color each. You explained it quite well, and quickly! Appreciated! +1

Cheers,
John

2 Likes

There is some ambiguity here: the guild guardians are themselves cards that you can get from chests (guild chests only). The statues in the guild screen have nothing, gameplay-wise, to do with the cards they represent.

1 Like

Literally 10ofem