Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

Sirrian's post explaining AI behavior

Does anyone recall where Sirrian’s full reply is where he explains how the AI functions? I tried looking for it for about 10 minutes and can’t find it.

9 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Clarification please.

•if there is 4-match take a random instance
•if there is skull match take a random instance

What on earth does this “random instance” actually mean? That if there are several skull match-3’s on board, it will choose one of them randomly?

I guess I don’t follow this logic because the A.I. almost never misses the simple gem match-4’s except when it deliberately converts them to match-3’s. Thus if it always finds a gem match-4 and then systematically targets all similar match-4’s on the board, there’s nothing “random” about those instances.

Exactly… if it sees a number of things of equal value, it will choose one of those things at random (biased towards vertical matches lower down on the board)

1 Like

I am probably thinking too much as a programmer, but it seems a simple way to improve the AI would be for us to be able to specify the priority order for the spells in each team. Eg my herdmaster/soothsayer/valkyrie/druid team would have a priority order of druid/valkyrie/herdmaster/soothsayer.

This would solve the problem of gorgotha only spamming its spell instead of acting as a mana generator etc.

A logical second step is to be able to define a “don’t cast this spell”, eg on a troop with stoneskin in slot 1 that is blocking some of the worker troops’ colors. Or possibly “don’t cast unless it kills a troop”. My preference would be a simple “don’t cast”.

1 Like

The AI when frozen is still a bit fuzzy. Like taking a match 4 of a frozen color over a match 3 of skulls

1 Like