@sirrian bug for orb of power

Used (1) orb of power for war priest (huge mistake/misunderstanding). Can ya help a brother out and possibly refund me an orb of power? .

Oh noā€¦:flushed:
Why would you do that?

2 Likes

Could you please show your ā€œUpgradeā€ tab screenshot?

Orb of Wisdom/Orb of Power unlocks the 3 traits of the hero class, not the talents you need to level up.

For the Warpriest, those 3 traits are

Trait #1: Revered
All allies gain 2 random Skill points.

Trait #2: Holy Armor
Reduce damage from Skulls by 40%.

Trait #3: Wrath of Anu
50% chance to Stun a random enemy at the start of my turn.

Orb of Power thoughā€¦ Iā€™m sorry for your loss

3 Likes

Oh myā€¦i did make a huge mistake thenā€¦!!! So not a bug just misunderstanding by me. Hmm

Itā€¦ was a mistake even if it filled those in.

You need 8 Orbs of Power to craft Zuulā€™goth. It is incredibly difficult to get one: you either have to place high on a leaderboard or save up orbs for months to make even one.

It takes like an hour to farm the souls to reach level 20. It takes maybe 4 hours to get the traitstones.

So this orb of power traded a solid month of effort to save half a day.

3 Likes

However, the most champion XP you can get in a single battle is 2. Given that it takes 5050 XP to unlock all 7 talents, saving yourself 2525-5050 battles seems like a pretty good use of an Orb of Power. Not one I would do personally, even if that had been the correct effect. But I can at least see the intent.

I thought about this, but itā€™s still a hard value pass. I donā€™t have a firm basis on how many sigils it takes to win an orb of power on the average leaderboard, but my guess is people are spending 200-300. So letā€™s roll with a conservative 200, and you can correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

We also know that since they scale, the matches get harder and longer for leaderboard players. So Iā€™m going to assume one could complete about 1.75 PvP matches in the time it takes to finish one leaderboard-bound match.

Nobodyā€™s placing on multiples. The people in the top 2 of the Faction event didnā€™t even place in the Bounty event. Or the Class event before that. The #2 placed in 100th of the last Faction event.

This pattern continues: in each event I see some similar names, but the top is full of churn because only the people whoā€™ve saved a lot of free resources are really fighting for it. So from what Iā€™ve seen, it feels like most people with a leaderboard orb have played far more than 2500 matches in the relevant event to get their orb of power, even though only the last few hundred counted.

I could be wrong, but itā€™s how I balance it in my head.

Unfortunately even an error such as this it is likely you will not be refunded the orb of power. :confused:

Support no longer refunds lost / missing / accidentally used loot anymore, unless itā€™s something like ā€˜weapon did not unlockā€™ when purchased. Sucks losing a power orb, they take forever to craft.

@Cyrup
How the hek was this changed to official news?

Woops! Need more coffee. Meant to put it into bug reports.

2 Likes

I sent you a pm @Hanom.

Edit: I am helping this user in a PM, thread locked, going off topic.

Orb of Power should at least upgrade all 100 Champion Levels to be worth wasting on something like this.