Single Troop Defenses

Mate, you are talking to someone that killed the emerald weapon only by spamming counter materia like crazy! i am a grind veteran too. :wink:

2 Likes

Hey, I was one of the first few to get 99 Woodcutting in Runescape. I live for the grind. But at least there was a carrot at the end of that stick (a capeā€¦so itā€™s a small carrot, but a carrot nonetheless). I think here, after weeks of grinding, doing the same thing over and over in PVP, eventually you have to find new ways to mix things up.

Like I said, I made Elspeth fun by making it a challenge to kill her before she killed herself, goading her into skulls and sometimes sheā€™d make a random match for the heck of it. I think I would get her 50% of the time. Nowadays, 4 easy troops doesnā€™t have that same kind of fun. Soā€¦someone come up with a game for that for me please.

1 Like

First I know Iā€™m late to this party, and for full disclosure I have not read all the posts YETā€¦
(Iā€™m 232 in atm.)

But I would like to address a few things that have been repeated over and over, I am using @Delinquentā€™s posts only because his happened to be the one that I was at when I decided to post, not as a call pout of any sort, FYI :wink:

It has been stated several times by players that have utilized the 1TD that putting one up DOES NOT GUARANTEE that the player setting the 1TD gets to INVADE players with 1TD. Those are independent things and as somebody who has used the 1TD on occasion, I can confirm that it did not generate ONLY 1TD Teams for my Invades.

And this comment, again, @Delinquent is far from the only person to express this opinion, however you must understand that this is merely YOUR opinion. I AM that player, I never put up a one troop defesne and thought to myself ā€œBRING ON THE ELSPETHS FOR MORE GOLD AND TROPHIES!!!ā€

Never. Not Once.

What I DID say was, hmm I wonder if this 1TD thing will actual break up the Meta-notony that I am seeing in end-game PVP. And again from experience I can say that YES this was a successful approach to generating variety in my PVP matches.

There is no amount of delusion involved. I cannot convince you of that, but anybody claiming that I am deluding myself is stating an opinion. I am telling you the FACT of the reality behind my decision.

I hope that clears things up and we can stop poking each other over ridiculous things and get back to how to truly fix this game we all love so damn much!

13 Likes

this is crap and adds nothing to the game. People went to 1 troop defense because pvp is a joke made of stupid troll teams.

if youā€™re going to do this instead of actually fixing the game, then just make Explore count the same as ā€œPVPā€

at least have the guts to admit you want to make the game ā€œpay to winā€

5 Likes

You donā€™t seem to understand the meaning of the words @Delinquent is using.

Please note that he said ā€˜more easilyā€™ and you only picked up the ā€˜moreā€™

FACT: using the 1td lowered the difficulty (made it easier) of your three trophy options as well as increasing your odds of finding more elspethā€™s. So while you might not be doing it to do more 1td fights, you were doing it to get gold and tropies more easily. the fact that you canā€™t unmarry this idea is proof that you have deluded yourself, which is @Delinquentā€™s point.

Bug related to the new 1TP defense change:

When you update opponents from the casual pvp mode, the ppl that have set 1TP teams (only them) that are in PVP RANKED will also change. You can basically shuffle an opponentes defense team from the PVPRANKED box indefinetly, till you hit something you like.

1 Like

by this point of view, putting in defense anything else
than your best defense is actually tanking your defense score.

putting 4 weak troops = tanking your defense score.
so putting 4 weak weekly bonus troops = tanking your defense score.

changing your guild for one with lower statues = tanking your defense score.

Shame. Shame. Shame everyone.

Sha-sha-shaaaaaaaaaame .
Shame on youuu-uuu.

4 Likes

This is a fact and is a side effect I have no control over. Is it a benefit, sure. Is it why the ā€œexploitā€ needed to be fixed? Absolutely.

This is OPINION. And is completely false. The consequence, gaining faster rewards, of my action, seeking variety in PVP, is not a fault of mine but of the system. And neither I nor any other player who defines their reasoning should have it questioned. Nor should we have our morals judged because of boon granted that was never sought.

In fact several times over, players like myself who are seeking variety ONLY have said reduce reward based on # of troops. Thatā€™s not why we are there after all.

Hope that clears it upā€¦ again! :innocent:

3 Likes

But you admitted that the boon granted IS the boon you sought. By actively trying to avoid the highest team score meta you were looking for easier gold and trophys. Iā€™m not questioning your motive. Iā€™m trying to show you that it is one and the same as those that did it to fight 1td exclusively.

Gotta love the self elected paladins of Fair Play

5 Likes

I think there was enough discussion/justification about doing 1-TDā€¦ If it was really an issue with rewards, devs would have put another multiplier based on the number of defense troops (0.25 for 1 troop to 1 for 4 troops). It seems that the real target of this fix was to stop bots.

No.

The distinction between variety of battles and ease of battles seems to be lost on you and many similar correspondents here.

In my case, Iā€™ve been setting one troop defences for a long time. This was to get more varied matches, knowing that I was also getting reduced rewards. Doing the three trophy matches took broadly the same time and averaged 900 gold instead of 1200 gold base reward. It did mean that only 50% of games were current meta instead of 95%.

Yes you might deduce that games were made a bit easier.

No, you cannot deduce or judge why I chose to do it.

12 Likes

It seems some people are eager to judge around on their high ground of morality.
Some people forget that this is just a game, a single player one on top of that.

5 Likes

Yup, god forbid someone take steps to play matches where theyā€™d have fun more often while playing a game

15 Likes

I guess Iā€™m on the side of this being a solution in search of a real problem. While I saw quite a few 1 troop line ups, those were usually on the 1 trophy battle. Yes you can get a easier revenge battle out of it provided the game offers it. You do get less experience points and usually less gold unless it happened to be a revenge battle. I rarely saw the 1 troop line up being offered as a 3 trophy battle and in those two cases it was a case in which the 1 or 2 trophy battle was even weaker.

I decided to switch to a 2 troop defense because was I was getting tired of seeing similar line-ups on all trophy offerings. Even the 1 trophy offer was often rated 9000+ against fully traited, fully ascended line-ups. The 1 trophy battle should be an easier battle than the 3 trophy battle! The other thing I didnā€™t like was that I wasnā€™t getting offered the same amount of pvp points on the 3 trophy battles others were obviously getting. I would get offered maybe 30-some while other people were averaging over 50.

As I stated in my first post in this thread. Donā€™t use the defensive line-up in determining pvp points and you get away from the problem. Use only the strength of the defending line-up and how that compares to a threshold. Also if you have the 1 trophy battle always below a given threshold of strength (modified somewhat by player level and tier) and the 3 trophy battle always being above a given threshold (with same modification) and the 2 trophy battle in between the thresholds, you get away from this problem. I donā€™t know why the pvp was not set up that way in the first place. It seems so logical.

As I see it the ā€˜cureā€™ was way worse than the ailment.

4 Likes

try fixing espelthā€™s spell perhaps, assuming her spell doesnā€™t work as intended. shouldnā€™t the game only ended when all enemies are dead?

7 Likes

I usually just attack the the third team. The thing I hate is the rewards for all 3 tiers are the same in a high guild. The thing that stinks is when in a top guild I get 800 gold a match, no matter what battle I fight. I go to low level guild I get 2000 gold for the highest. So not only is it harder to meet guild minimums, I have to play longer to get them. It doesnā€™t make sense to do more to get less. Repetitive matches do get boring but the thing I like about GW is it has me trying new teams. They should have comparable rewards for defense or some bonus for playing defense with event week teams, for example if your team wins and you have a team made up of one or both event week troops you get the gold for the match that the opponent would have won or even the stones, maps, keys etc. make it worthwhile to have a varied defense, just not limit it.

2 Likes

How the hell do you not understand this. By avoiding the meta we were looking for VARIETY we didnā€™t want to the fight the same Famine/Death or Forest Guardian/Kerberos team 100 times a day.

When I was using a 1 troop defense I was taking the full team 3 trophies and was using my dragon, Justice or Draakulis team which usually took just as long as using a Gardā€™s Avatar team on the Famine/Death teams.

Just because the team score is lower when you use a 1TD doesnā€™t always mean the fight are easier. During beast week I used a 1TD and one of the teams I face was Frost Lizard/Winter Wolf/Yeti/Queen Mab only the Mab was traited that battle took longer than a Famine/Death team and I almost lost.

5 Likes

Just to say this:

• Iā€™ve never set a team bellow 9k points raiting and Iā€™ve met 1 troop defense at least once in 5 matches. Usually 2-3 times.
    I also set very different defense teams every week. This week its 4 raksha with raiting around 9250.
3 Likes

just to add another 2 cents against the self proclaimed paladins of ā€œthe true spirit of the gameā€, I never set a 1T defense, cuz i want to get into the top 100. Yet, as time passes, i am really bored of facing always famines, FG+kerb, DKs+whatever every single combat. They are boring, repetitive and often stressing. Cuz famine gives you no mana surge, kerb devours, DK DM and kills at least 3 cards of mine. The team i like the most is my beloved dragon team that yet gets rekt. So i really enjot the rare occasions where i get to play it, or to face the occasional elspeth instead of getting 32 miserable points and 900 gold for facing the nth psion-famx3. Is really boring by itself, since the game is super repetitive, but facing a cringe team for a insignificant reward is even worse. So this ā€œfixā€ actually killed a good part of my fun. I want PVP variety, not a 3 tem meta weekly struggle. Cuz okay, i can crush them with several teams i have, but still is not fun having to play the same match dozens of time per week.

3 Likes