Show me the mythics. Who has the most cards mythic? (Rankings)

I see you added words to the dictionary too😀 mine constantly used to change Mab to MBA, I finally gave in and added Mab to the dictionary.

1 Like

Right there with you. Autocorrect, even knows the made up team names of my main team, Gortensoulnax.

1 Like

I updated the spreadsheet:

While still in 1st place by a huge margin, Unrepentant took a big dive in players in the top 50, from 12 to 8. I wondered what happened, until I noticed more on the leaderboard from Unrepentant’s sister guilds: Abaddon(3 players) and Limbo (1 player).

Match Masters dropped 1 to tie Anonymous for 2nd place with 5. The number of teams that tied for 3rd place has expanded to 6 teams with 3 players each. Inttrim, Marthos Guardians, and Rock$tar already had 3. The three new teams to tie with 3 are Abaddon, Dragon’s Peak, and Strategem. Last week Strategem was not even on the list. What an impressive debut for Strategem!

Anonymous and Match Masters have both expanded by 1 player in the top 10, with 4 and 3 respectively. They pushed Marthos Guardians out of the top 10, except for @Darkness.

After a long absence on the list, @Tacet returns as #18. This is the last week for @DonBoba as he leaves the list and the game. May he return someday.

Here are the guilds with multiple people on the top 50:
Unrepentant 8
Anonymous 5
Match Masters 5
Abaddon’ 3
Dragon’s Peak 3
Intrim 3
Marthos Guardians 3
Rock$tar 3
Stratagem 3
Clien Net 2
DruidsGlade 2
Hoguns 2
Últimos Guardianes 2

2 Likes

For those who care, today marks the first time a GW troop is legitimately ascend-able to mythic (on PC/Mobile, no idea about consoles). If my math is correct, this should apply to members of Anonymous and Intrim.

Lyya is welcome to start making a version of the leaderboards without GW troops if she wants to, and in the meantime you can subtract 1 from our totals in your mind, if it makes you feel better.

3 Likes

I suppose the question is, do people want me to exclude those troops from the total? I’d rather not make a whole truckload of leaderboards if people will only really care for one or the other anyway. Y’all tell me, I’m happy to accomodate you either way.

If you ask me, it’s not needed. You can already see it took until the 3rd GW round for us to start to mythic them (each round being 6 weeks), and by the end of this round I assume they will be available to everyone through guild chests, so that’s a rather limited time of exclusivity and not worth the extra work. But I know some others were bothered by it (specifically I remember @actreal saying it) so I guess it’s their input that’s required.

As for the UI (if you do decide to make it), might be better to just be a tickbox, rather than a separate LB page, so each user can decide what they want to see.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m over it, so don’t do the extra work for my sake, @lyya. I previously overanticipated the time distance between the top guilds mythicing them and them dropping in Guild chests, but my expectation is now in line with @yonizaf (or maybe another 6 weeks past that), so I now agree it’s not worth it. It’s probably going to be easier to mythic the GW troops than Autumnal Imp. :smirk:

3 Likes

Anonymous and one from Intrim are already at the top without the GW cards. We expected Anonymous or some other bracket 1 team to take over the leaderboard. That hasn’t happened.

The team with the most people on the top 50 has actually been Unrepentant, a team that flops between bracket 1 and 2 (not including the two times we were unceremoniously dropped from 5/6 to bracket 2 before the GW ranking system was fixed). With that storied history we’re actually GW casual at this point. I used off color teams half of last week for instance. We’ll play it, but a big ‘whatever’ to guild wars. Given that, I don’t think we need it.

And to @actreal point I’m still missing 3 imps. Autumn Imp is one of them. I’ll get it next month for sure. When my guild finishes legendary tasks, I’m always like “give me an off season imp”. No off season imps last week, just a stupid mythic.

Maybe one of the reasons why Unrepentant is the guild that has the most people in the leaderboard is because they are well informed of it and are interested in it, because it is you who started it and who is taking care of the thread?

1 Like

Just to share. A GW troop could have been ascended to Mythic weeks ago on both consoles as the same guild on Xbox and PS4 won both times.

I know you don’t use Ashtender, so that’s probably a gripe with you, personally for how this list has worked @Aelthwyn , but I’ve done what I can to encourage people to update. In the past, I’ve even applauded people for recruiting others from their guild. There’s might be some truth to the participation part of things, but there’s not much I can do about that.

Even with that, there are a number of disadvantages Unrepentant has against teams like Match Masters, Marthos Guardians, Anonymous, etc.

We’re a bracket 2 guild at this point, so we’ll also be behind on GW cards against true bracket 1 teams.

Our members tend to be much more recent, so we haven’t been able to accumulate cards as long like Match Masters. This is especially a disadvantage for imps. Take a top players like @Darkness he started November 2014. I started August 2016, so he as a bit under two years on me, and I’m an elder in Unrepentant. I feel, like I’m punching a bit over my weight class.

I spent over 100 hours devising and optimizing a resource strategies. I can’t help but think my weekly strategy guides might have something to do with why we punch above our weight class. We’ve lost a few elders lately, so we’ll probably drop back a bit, but we’ll surge back again.

2 Likes

Well, I’m happy to see I’m currently ranked #48.

Are most of the players on this leaderboard are hoarding keys for future new troops / kingdoms?

NowayJoe2Go

1 Like

Congrats @NowayJoe2Go!

Were you like, “No Way!” when you saw that?

1 Like

@PGSundling Mwahaha!! :smiley:

Yeah, and silly me for choosing the first phrase that came to mind when getting an iphone 4 years ago! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[quote=“NowayJoe2Go, post:702, topic:21877”]
@PGSundling
[/quote] Some reason, It seems it won’t show my current status on mythic.
BTW: I still don’t understand why it’s not showing. You told me to flash as I am using
Mac for this forum…so flash the browser ? I use Safari … is that needed to do ?

@outlander, you show as having 370 on the leaderboard to me.

@Lyya Thank you for a clarification!

Match Masters returns to 6 players and Unrepentant falls to 6, tying for 1st. While this marks the end of Unrepentant’s streak with an unchallenged lead, it also marks the first time 3 guilds from the same super guild have fielded multiple players in the top 50 (Unrepentant 6, Abaddon 3, Limbo 2). The next closest is perennial leaders in almost all aspects of GoW, Anonymous 5 (2nd place), with 1 more member in Anothernymous.

The tie for 3rd place with 3 expands to 7 teams, joined by DruidsGlade. I’m glad to see them bounce back after the loss of Rasper. Welcome to the list @NowayJoe2Go. Yes way!

No one has been able to knock Anonymous off their perch in the top 5. You can’t keep Marthos Guardian down. They surged back into the top 10, to share it with Match Masters. Another trio of Match Masters lurk outside the top 10. If they push up things could get interesting.

Match Masters 6
Unrepentant 6
Anonymous 5
Abaddon’ 3
Dragon’s Peak 3
DruidsGlade 3
Intrim 3
Marthos Guardians 3
Rock$tar 3
Stratagem 3
Hoguns 2
Limbo’ 2
Últimos Guardianes 2

7 Likes

Awesome day. Badiator returned to TUF (The unholy family: Unrepentant/Abaddon/Purgatory/Limbo) and I got 3 off season imps I needed in one day. Now it’s down to 2 autumn, 1 love, 1 winter. Woohoo!

A house keeping note, the related guilds I’m part of are in the middle of a rename so over the next week, or so, people will get their guild names updated. I’ve gone ahead and updated them on the list to the new names: TUF:Unrepentant, TUF:Abaddon, TUF:Limbo. Unlike most guilds which choose a number sequence (Intrim and Intrim 2), our super guild chose unique names which follow a pattern. This rename will make it easier to see our connections.

We had a giant surge in the tie at the bottom, so the list contains 4 more people than last week. TUF:Unrepentant surges back into an unchallenged lead with 8 players. Match Masters drops 1 to match Anonymous at second with 5 players. Rock$tar gets replaced by no guild (none) in the 7 way tie for 3rd.

Out of the people who have no guild we have @KC-Twins who’s actually in TUF:Limbo, but didn’t update in time. See even people in my guilds don’t always update when they should. We also have a visit from @DonBoba formerly of Mean Machines, and @Hamster. Given my name is None Of The Above, I’m particularly amused that none made it on the list of guilds with 3 players. :smile:

At the top, guild wars troops have finally been kicking in. With only 3 troops not mythic @yonizaf is truly breaking new ground. Guild Wars will give true bracket 1 teams an edge until those troops hit guild chests. Anonymous crept further up the top 10, but they lost their tight formation at the top. Match Masters and Marthos Guardians round out the top 10. Former winner @Jainus returns back to the top 10, while I’ve fallen from the top and can’t get up.

This week we had big changes to the ascension leaderboard with not only new information, but other leaderboards to go with it. @Lyya has done a fantastic job and made the leaderboard something interesting to check out. For the historical spreadsheet I’m only keeping the old information. Feel free to chime in if you want more data recorded.

TUF:Unrepentant 8
Anonymous 5
Match Masters 5
Dragon’s Peak 3
DruidsGlade 3
Intrim 3
Marthos Guardians 3
none 3
Stratagem 3
TUF: Abaddon 3
Heroes United 2