Shiny Troops

Is there a full list of which troops are shiny? - - - - so we don’t have to randomly look at all troops to find out? Also, I agree with others who say how hard it is to see the stats on troops with this new design. My eyesight is already poor.

1 Like

https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/7-0-update-underspire/

Anubite Warrior Grimmoira Sir Alamir
Ba’el Guardian of the Fields Sparkgrinder
Berserker Harper Spellblade
Bulette Hind Spirit of Rage
Crysturtle Ice Goblin Spiritdancer
Dokkalfar Living Quartz Spring Emissary
Dragon Knight Maid of Envy Sylvasi
Drake Owleth Vlad the Unstated
Dryad Raksha Free-Blood Void Portal
Falconer Scarabi Wererat
1 Like

I hate that we dont know what are the upgrades to spell.

5 Likes

Thank you!!! :two_hearts:

Thank you so much!! :+1:t2:

1 Like

I wish these original 30 Shiny Troops were easier to target. I’m interested in Owleth of all things.

If they stay the same since spoilers: (this info really should be in the game, but isn’t for whatever reason.)

1. Dryad:

From: Give 5 Life to an Ally, and heal [Magic + 1] Life to them. Barrier them, then create 8 Green Gems.

To: Give 8 Life to an Ally, and heal {1} Life to them. Barrier them, then create 9 Green Gems.

Apparently at one point it would have created 12 Green Gems. That would have been a nice troop, given that Heal =/= Gain life.

1. Berserker:

From: Deal (half) - [Magic + 8] damage to an Enemy, boosted by my missing Life. Take 2 damage and gain 4 Attack. [2:1]

To: Deal {1} - {2} damage to an Enemy, boosted by my missing Life. Take 1 damage and gain 6 Attack.

1. Sparkgrinder:

From: Give [Magic + 3] Attack and Armor to an Ally. If the Ally is a Mech, give double the effect.

To: Give {1} Attack and Armor to an Ally, then Barrier them. If the Ally is a Mech, give double the effect.

1. Sylvasi:

From: Steal [Magic] Attack from an enemy, and transform all Blue Gems to Purple to boost the effect. [3:1]

To: Steal {1} Attack from an enemy, and convert all Blue Gems to Purple to boost the effect.

I’m guessing its a boost ratio thing.

1. Dokkalfar:

From: Create 8 Green Gems and 4 Web Gems. Summon 1-3 Giant Spiders.

To: Create 9 Green Gems and 4 Web Gems. Summon 2-3 Giant Spiders.

1. Anubite Warrior:

From: Summon a Fortress Gate. Remove all Skulls. Give 1 Armor to all Allies, boosted by Gems removed. [1:1]

To: Summon a Fortress Gate. Remove all Skulls. Give 5 Armor to all Allies, boosted by Gems removed.

1. Dragon Knight:

From: Deal [Magic + 4] damage to an enemy. If the enemy has a Dragon, deal 6 damage to all enemies.

To: Deal {1} damage to an enemy. If the enemy has a Dragon, deal 12 damage to all enemies.

1. Void Portal:

From: All Daemon Allies gain 2 Magic. If my Souls are 12 or more, summon a random Daemon.

To: All Daemon Allies gain 4 Magic. If my Souls are 12 or more, summon 1-2 random Daemons.

1. Owleth:

From: Summon a Darkstorm. Decrease a random skill on all enemies by [(Magic / 2)].

To: Summon a Darkstorm. Decrease a random skill on all enemies by {1}. Gain an extra turn.

1. Drake:

From: Deal [Magic + 2] splash damage to an Enemy, boosted by Red Gems. [3:1]

To: Deal {1} heavy splash damage to an Enemy, boosted by Red Gems.

1. Falconer:

From: Hunter’s Mark an Enemy. Summon a Warhawk and create 7 Red Gems.

To: Hunter’s Mark an Enemy. Summon a Warhawk and create 9 Red Gems.

1. Spellblade:

From: Deal [Magic + 1] damage to an enemy, boosted by Enchanted allies. Enchant a random ally. [5x]

To: Deal {1} damage to an enemy, boosted by Enchanted allies. Enchant 2 random Allies.

1. Hind:

From: Deal [Magic + 2] damage to an enemy. Gain 2 mana back and a 25% chance for an extra turn for each Entangled enemy. [25x]

To: Deal {1} damage to an enemy. Gain 3 mana back and a 30% chance for an extra turn for each Entangled enemy.

Note: Not the most glorious win ever, but if this stays true, you can have a 120% chance for an extra turn and gain 12 mana back per cast (on a 12->10 mana troop). You lose the chance for extra turns/mana back when things start dying, but just use something else for the last hits… Far too slow for farming purposes, but if you have to win, then this is one for the ages.

1. Bulette:

From: Knock the first enemy to the back. Deal [Magic + 3] damage to the new first enemy, with a 50% chance to devour them if there are 13 or more Brown Gems.

To: Knock the first enemy to the back. Deal {1} damage to the new first enemy, with a 75% chance to devour them if there are 13 or more Brown Gems.

1. Spiritdancer:

From: Transform a selected Mana color to Green. Summon a Spirit Fox.

To: Transform a selected Mana color to Green. Summon 1-2 Spirit Fox.

Did they forget to change the wording from Transform to Convert?

1. Ice Goblin:

From: Explode 2 random Gems. Freeze a random Enemy. Gain an Extra Turn.

To: Explode 3 random Gems. Freeze a random Enemy. Gain an Extra Turn.

Big test of glass half-full and glass half-empty. Ice Goblin gained 50% extra value! … but its from 2 to 3.

1. Raksha Free-Blood:

From: Deal [Magic + 3] damage to an enemy. Explode 1 Gem, boosted by my Gold. Gain 10 Gold. [0.2]

To: Deal {1} damage to an enemy. Explode 1 Gem, boosted by my Gold. Gain 25 Gold.

Might actually be viable at 9 mana?

1. Ba’el:

From: Deal [Magic + 12] scatter damage, then jumble the Enemy team.

To: Deal {1} scatter damage, and stun 2 weakest Enemies. Then jumble the Enemy team.

1. Scarabi:

From: Deal [Magic + 3] damage to 2 random Enemies. Then Stun and Poison them.

To: Deal {1} - {2} damage to 2 random Enemies. Then Stun and Poison them.

1. Vlad the Unsated:

From: Steal [Magic + 1] Life from an Enemy, boosted by my Life. [3:1]

To: Steal {1} Life from an Enemy, boosted by my Life. Then inflict 2 stack of Bleed.

1. Guardian of the Fields:

From: Give [Magic + 3] Armor to an Ally, Barrier all Allies below them.

To: Give {1} Armor to an Ally, Barrier and Cleanse all Allies below them.

1. Crysturtle:

From: Convert a chosen Color to Brown. Barrier and Submerge a random Ally.

To: Convert a chosen Color to Brown. Barrier and Submerge 2 random Allies.

At 10 mana, this thing actually becomes viable… I mean, I’ve always liked Apothecary.

1. Sir Alamir:

From: Create 8 Red and 8 Yellow Gems. Deal [Magic + 3] damage to the first Enemy and Burn them.

To: Create 8 Red and 8 Yellow Gems. Deal {1} damage to the first 2 Enemies and Burn them.

1. Spring Emissary:

From: Give 4 Magic to an Ally and Mana equal to half their Mana cost. If they are Fey, Bless and Enchant them.

To: Give 6 Magic to an Ally and Mana equal to half their Mana cost. If they are Fey, Bless and Enchant them.

1. Maid of Envy:

From: Deal [Magic + 1] damage to an Enemy. If the Enemy has full Mana, drain their Mana.

To: Deal {1} damage to an Enemy. If the Enemy has full Mana, drain their Mana and Curse them.

I hope it curses, then drains… otherwise it has a possibility on whiffing on the mana drain…

1. Grimmoira:

From: Steal [Magic + 1] Gold from the Enemy team. Then drain 8 Mana from an Enemy, and Freeze them. [1:1]

To: Steal {1} Gold from the Enemy team. Then drain 10 Mana from an Enemy, and Freeze them.

1. Wererat:

From: Deal [(Magic / 2) + 3] damage to the last Enemy, boosted by Lycanthropy Gems. [10x]

To: Deal {1} damage to the last Enemy, boosted by Lycanthropy Gems. Then inflict Disease on them.

1. Living Quartz:

From: Create 2 Skulls, boosted by Brown Allies and Enemies. [2x]

To: Create 2 Skulls, boosted by Brown Allies and Enemies. Then conjure a Duststorm.

1. Spirit of Rage:

From: Explode 3 Gems, and 2 more for every Enraged Ally. Then Enrage a random Ally. [2x]

To: Explode 3 Gems, and 2 more for every Enraged Ally. Then Enrage 2 random Allies.

1. Harper:

From: Choose one: Give [Magic + 1] Life to all Allies. OR Give all other Allies half their Mana.

To: && Give {1} Life and 2 Magic to all Allies. && Give all other Allies half their Mana.

(Note: && is how they type their Choose spells. Spare me from rewriting things, thanks)

10 Likes

So, not exactly turning the meta upside down with any of these. :smirk:

IF Owleth does get 1 magic scaling instead of half-magic scaling, then I think its very potent.

8 mana for a purple storm + stat reduction to all + extra turn. I can always do things with extra turns.

The rest, I could live without. Crysturtle isn’t bad at 10 mana and Hind is stupidly strong in some setups.

If its anything like Deep Delves though, I’m worried that this is their best foot forward, and later troops are going to just add 2 damage or some similar uninspired modifier.

The first few Deep Delve troops understood what it needed to be and now the ones they release make no sense. Dark Pits including a gold based troop (gold was supposed to be City of Thieves identity) was extremely bad in that regard and Sunken Fleet adding a non-Elemental troop to a specifically Elemental faction is a sick joke.

1 Like

Thanks so much.

Scarabi’s shining is straight up nerf.

Without screenshots to see what’s going on, can’t confirm. I want to assume that by {1} - {2} they mean the damage is changed from its original value only, to a random value between original and double (and not half and original).

Neat, I use Crysturtle as my frontline tank for Bounty weekends, personally. Pairs well with Man-at-Arms, Droggo, and/or Tigraki Warrior.

Also, apparently shiny versions include background lore. Nice!

scarabi’s upgraded spell at the moment only replaces damage type, nothing else is changed.
however, in this case, it means the random damage is capped at orignal damage and can’t go higher.
that’s why i say it’s straight up nerf.