Shifting The Scales

Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/shifting-the-scales/
It’s double trouble in the Mist of Scales!

New Troop: Marilith

Marilith, the Greater Daemon, has arrived in the Mist of Scales. She has usurped the throne, and she means business.
Her first action? To promote a number of the Naga to manifest her will (see Naga Queens below).
Her next task? To rally her army with more poison and skills (see the reworks below).
The end result? Only time will tell, but if you find yourself in the Mist of Scales any time soon, expect an extra helping of poison!

New Troop: Naga Queen

Once simple yet vicious creatures, these Naga have been transformed by the Daemon Marilith into a fierce support troop for the Mist of Scales.

Balance Changes Mist of Scales troop rework

Scale Guard

• 3rd Trait changed from Venomous to Empowered (First trait changed to Sturdy from Fire Link, for balance)
  • Spell’s bonus damage on poisoned enemy changed from 6 damage to double damage
  • Spell now poisons enemy after damage.
  • Mana cost increased from 7 to 8
    Note: due to the mana increase & the removal of Fire Link, we’re offering a refund on this guy.

Poison Master

• Spell now poisons 2 random enemies
  • Spell now scales off x1 Magic instead of 1/2 Magic
  • Mana cost increased from 11 to 12

Mist Stalker

• Spell damage changed to true damage
  • Spell now poisons enemy after damage.
  • No longer gains 6 Life if spell kills the enemy. Instead now gains 3 Magic on enemy kill.

PVP Icon

PVP Rewards Reminder
With the PVP reset comes payouts in Souls for your efforts on the battlefield against other players. Remember, you’ll have until the next event to climb as high as you can and earn yourself some souls. Here’s what you can earn at each rank:

• * Rank 1: 300 Souls, 2000 Gold, 100 Glory, 10 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 2: 150 Souls, 1500 Gold, 50 Glory, 5 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 3: 80 Souls, 1000 Gold, 40 Glory
  • * Rank 4: 60 Souls, 900 Gold, 30 Glory
  • * Rank 5: 50 Souls, 800 Gold, 20 Glory
  • * Rank 6: 40 Souls, 700 Gold, 10 Glory
  • * Rank 7: 35 Souls, 600 Gold, 5 Glory
  • * Rank 8: 30 Souls, 500 Gold
  • * Rank 9: 25 Souls, 400 Gold
  • * Rank 10: 20 Souls, 300 Gold
  • * Rank 11: 16 Souls, 200 Gold
  • * Rank 12: 12 Souls, 100 Gold
  • * Rank 13: 8 Souls, 50 Gold
  • * Rank 14: 4 Souls, 10 Gold
  • * Rank 15: 1 Gold

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

8 Likes

Oh man red/green true damage all? NICE!

Holy cow those most of scales troop reworks are fantastic!

Is this going to be a thing now? Reworking a cities troops as new troops are released? I really like the direction this city went, and am excited to try it out!

2 Likes

Damn, couldn’t find a decent ‘double event’ pic from Pacific Rim. Whatever.

MoS buffs look awesome.

Sweet! Now I have even more reasons to hate Mist Walker XD That’s not to say this rework isn’t a good thing! Looks very promising! I just don’t like facing Mist Walker at a lower level player :stuck_out_tongue: (And I was wondering those troops would come out after seeing the art in the files ;))

Marilith looks like a great addition and gives a cheaper alternative to Crimson Bat. She really looks like she can fit in several deck ideas.

Wow! Two new troops for the Mist? Plus some love for the original reptilians?

Good timing, considering that I’m just finishing up maxing out the troops’ levels. :stuck_out_tongue:

More kingdom power, here we come!!

(Also, does this mean that there will be 2 separate reward chests for the regular price each, or one chest that contains both troops but costs more?)

1 Like

2 separate chests

3 Likes

Excellent news… Marilith - @sirrian does the damage or gem destruction scale with magic?

How do we get that new Zaejin troop that is visible under Troops? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Gem destruction scales, damage does not

hmm 2 troops so will arcane be Beast or Swamp?

Nimhain said two chests…so would expect:

Marilith Pack - epic troop, so two Beast Arcane & 400 cost
Naga Queen pack - UR troop, so one Swamp Arcane & 300 cost

(very happy to finally be seeing Beast Arcanes in a pack for the first time!)

2 Likes

ahh thanks @Namour I missed that

So 6 true damage AoE is fixed? That’s gonna be great for lower tier players… Less so for end game players like mine humble self… Still the gem collection scales high so she’ll be a power collector like Tyri only not rubbish…

Yeah… scaling true AoE damage is something we might hold back for a new Legendary (although it’s on a couple of weapons, I believe)

Are the Nobend Brothers meant to be in the game as well? or did they sneak their way in like the Goblins they are? :stuck_out_tongue:

The problem is that 6 AoE true damage can one-hit things at lower levels. Doesn’t need to be traited, or leveled, just need the player to have Glory on hand from 134+ PVP matches …

2 Likes

The Nobend Brothers are next week’s event troop… we’re experimenting with pushing out troops a couple of weeks early to try and avoid some issues we’ve been having with updates… we’ll eventually be able to hide them properly.

4 Likes

I saved up 1k to get the next 2 weeks of troops and then this happens! You release 2 troops in one week, and now i have to grind more glory to save up for next week’s event.

1 Like

New troops are:

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/marilith

and

See also changes to:

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/poison-master

3 Likes