Shark Week Offers: what did you think?

Having bought the offer every day of the week, this felt a little disappointing

#misplacedexpectations

:sweat_smile::vulcan_salute:

50 gems for free is ok.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s about what I expected for a free offer.

I found the flash offers a little disappointing. I wouldnā€™t mind spending money on the game, but I havenā€™t found anything really worth buying. The costs all seem so inflated.

Iā€™m thanking God that I didnā€™t trust the devs to send us a free Shark Pet copy like they usually do. So I get a 50 gem rebate on a Tier 7 Pet Rescue Purchase. :+1:

3 Likes

I thought they were alright. I bought one, honestly canā€™t remember which one though, lol. One of the cheaper ones. They seemed like a really good deal on gems, with an extra bonus. I wouldnā€™t mind seeing more of offers like this. Maybe not a full week of them though.

I liked the offers too, just happened to mistakenly expect a scaled free reward based on $$ spent :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue::vulcan_salute:

It seems like they were all scaled at around the same price. If you needed gems, they were fine. Otherwise, they all felt about the same

That square has had ā€œFREEā€ on it all week, Iā€™m actually shocked it was gems at all. I expected 10 minor traitstones and a gold key.

I didnā€™t spend any money, but I liked most of the deals. The Orb of Power deal was a good surprise. Iā€™ve always felt theyā€™d make money if they let people buy Zuulā€™goth for $200. That said I could still spend $200 on 3 games thatā€™d last me longer than GoW so :man_shrugging:

I hope we get more themed week of deals. I think now that theyā€™ve set the expectation of things like the Orb of Power deals people are going to set aside some money for it.

The main reason I didnā€™t spend money just came down to bad timing. Iā€™m so used to GoW deals being bad that Iā€™d already overspent a little on a different F2P. Next time if I know a week of deals is coming, Iā€™ll hold out a little longer.

2 Likes

Although I didā€™nt buy any, I did like the variety. The 50 free gems was unexpected, but welcome. Was a little tempted by the 8 vault keys one, since I only need a few more blue orbs for Zuul.

I just thought of some honest feedback too: GW week might be the worst week to try out weird promotions.

Nothing makes me want to spend $ on the game less than facing 3 Essence of Evil and 2 Life and Death teams in a competitive event. GW is the event that makes me feel the worst so I was more in the mood to ā€œshow them whoā€™s bossā€ by not spending. (Which, as I said before, I didnā€™t really have money to spend anyway.)

2 Likes

If you think this is expensive check out LGOH, thereā€™s a reason a heap of their players have started GoW! The offers werenā€™t as advertised though, there were supposed to be offers for in game currency instead of actual money, I was disappointed in this.

Iā€™ve also played F2P games with in-game purchases that are hundreds of dollars, but that doesnā€™t make these offers any less expensive.

True true, Iā€™d buy the deathknight armor if it wasnā€™t so expensive!

Me too. Didnā€™t buy it when I started because of that, even though it is much more useful than other purchases.