Sharing a Tool for *Counting Gnomes* That Does Not Interact with the Game At All

Just to be clear, the HTML tool attached does not interact with the game and does not automate or enhance any part of the gameplay. I just shredded 500 Boards in 2h 40m and wanted to brag. The tool helped me collect some statistics:

Gnomes appeared on 36 boards, or 7.2%. Standard Error is 1.15%, so the probability that the RNG is set above 9% is quite low and there’s no chance my RNG was set to 11% or higher.

17 out of 36 of my gnomes were verse gnomes, and they were distributed 3-8-4-2. I would not be surprised if the RNG was set to drop verse gnomes half of the time a gnome drops at all.

Here’s a cute little HTML tool I made. If you click on the picture of the gnome, it ups the counter by 1, and if you click on the number, it downs the number by one (min is 0). Enjoy! Oh please unzip it as a folder “C:\gnomes” otherwise the image files won’t be read they’re hard written into the html.

10 Likes

Wonderful tool, thank you so much for sharing!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

great tool! i will track by time as i play and watch and would loose count
do you mind id i share this further?

2 Likes

Not at all! Consider it share alike / public domain :slight_smile:

(to be honest it was mostly AI generated anyways)

public domain you say… lets make it public then
https://gowgnometracker.neocities.org/
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

NICE!!! Thanks!

i help when i can. i still remember basic html

1 Like

I can’t imagine it’s a problem, but might want to check ToS to make sure it’s not an ‘illegal tool’? The devs could come down on a known account, you never know :confused:

(someone in my guild pointed out that potential risk, I hadn’t even thought of it)

Also, LOL ‘basic’ html. HTML5 looks so different from what I learned 20 years ago it’s unrecognizable XD

i mean, imgsrc=
change local address to the web address
thats as far as i remember :rofl:

im sure if its illegal they will issue a take down

For a moment I almost saw geocities as the domain and was like whaaa?! That’s sooo old!! :rofl:

1 Like

that was where i went to host 1st :rofl: i just googled free html hosting

(insert nostalgia moment here) :joy:

Movie gif. Danny Glover as Roger in Lethal Weapon shakes his head in frustration and says, “I'm too old for this shit.”

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a ‘total’ count, incl. subsets (e.g. verse gnomes), and an export to .csv /spreadsheet, do we think?

I think it’s definitely neat just being able to click/tap something while playing rather than type on a keyboard.

Could even add a battle # and total battle count, similar to Dust Angel’s sheets.

Tbh, there should be a breakdown of Gnomes encountered for the in-game gnome counter :ok_hand: for an end of weekend summary :+1:

2 Likes

I used to count every gnome and its type from my entire Vault weekends. I have all of them saved still. I have those records from August '20 until April '23. Don’t know if anyone thinks those numbers would provide some useful data?

I stopped the gnome tracking when I got a second Ironhawk because the 2x Ironhawk team on E1 is so much faster than my old go-to of Phoenicia on E6/7.

2 Likes

Since I published the code open source to this forum, you could probably easily put it in Chat GPT and ask for exactly that. I had Chat GPT write the whole thing up to copying and pasting the src=“” paths and changing the ID numbers for each button / counter element to 1,2,3,4,etc…

2 Likes

Nice try!
I personally wouldn’t change my old trusty method (as it allows me tracking both gnomes and games at the same time and does not require switching between different windows)

but, no doubt, there are people who will find yours useful. Job well done.

Speaking of little things like these

I’ll just drop in numbers of this weekend.

I won’t be going through all back catalog for comparison but it must be the highest appearance rate of any normal event (only those with specifically increased gnome chance surpass this). And for the first time perfect 50/50 distribution - the gnome kind always fluctuate in 45-55 range.

5 Likes

I think I’ve seen enough data to feel confident that the RNG is set to spawn a gnome on roughly 9% of boards (possibly 1/11), with most people seeing +/- 3% deviation from that at the most for a large number of boards. Thanks for posting this data :slight_smile:

2 Likes