Share your gems of war teams v1.08 & before

Just tried this combo for awhile. It’s ridiculously efficient. :stuck_out_tongue:
I started with Hard and notched it up all the way to Warlord II, beating every opponent without losing more than max two troops.

Loose = not securely fastened or; to set free
Lose = to not win

3 Likes

Either use the team or develop a team to defend against it, but just for once could you stop begging the devs to fix something that’s not broken? Or will you not be happy until every team and troop has been dumbed down to mediocre at best and there is no longer any fun left in the game?

I feel the same way, like no troop or team should ever be excellent, and everyone just gets participation awards.

Gratz on making public such a good comp. This should be share only guild wise and used just for invades. I’ve been trying it for a week now and yes. It is that powerful but I don’t think it worth a nerf. Not everyone can use the Prismatic Orb which is pretty much what makes the comp efficient. Without it, by far would be a piece of… Butter. :v:

At low levels (up to about lvl 100), my team was
Atlanta
Raven
Boar Rider
Cockatrice

I used the purple/yellow banner and Atlanta got a plus one to her attack. This was a good team, but at a point, became insufficient. They just weren’t beefy enough to stand up against a team of dragons, and while Atlanta’s 24 point spell is formidable, she needs to cast it over 3 times to take out those big guys. I changed a few things, and this is the team that evolved, and that I use currently:

Hero with Khopesh of Misery
Moloch
Boar Rider
Alchemist

Yellow Banner. I don’t think I get any bonuses.

I don’t have all the troops so can’t get too creative, but this has been a solid team. I finally lost a match to a Zhulkari goblin team that was all buffed. I was unaware that teams of similarly-homed troops receive a special bonus. That must be new from the update. I might have to check into that aspect. Those darn goblins were formidable.

1 Like

I am imagining the Peasant standing there, with the same look on his face, holding a participation ribbon :laughing:

1 Like

Oh come on, I’ve seen it enough times when invading, and discussed on threads here… it was hardly a secret…[quote=“RiverSong, post:43, topic:1426”]
but just for once could you stop begging the devs to fix something that’s not broken?
[/quote]

I’m not begging the devs. 1) I don’t beg and 2) they’ll make up their own minds and I will respect what balance adjustments they make, perhaps you could do the same.

Skeleton is still pretty squishy (none of the team bonuses give much life or armour, unlike those +10 life goblins) so not much of a call to nerf. I do think the spell feels a bit strong for the mana cost.

It does now strike me as odd that all gem-spammers were moved to a fixed number. not scaling with Magic stat, except the hero’s weapons. That may be deliberate, to keep the hero more viable (they don’t get team bonuses etc) - or may be the devs didn’t get to it yet. Personally I think 14 gems (from the start of the match, no Brian abuse here) is a little broken and am getting tired of seeing very often 3x(insert troop name) + Prismatic Orb.

Just sharing my views. I know full well that half the population here oppose all nerfs in general, irrespective of the logic - I don’t expect agreement all around (else this wouldn’t be a forum) - but let’s keep the disagreement polite please. If anyone has any more logical considerations around this, would be interesting to hear - but not the emotional responses please.

Brace yourself for your next typo. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with Januis ,
When you feel an imbalance it is worth mentioning
It is not we who decide the final changes to be made or not , only the developers can do that.
But as MTG , developers create new troops or make some changes, and it is difficult for them to check that all remains consistent
Rest players who practice and can give them their opinion
As the goblin shaman is a common troop , skeleton may have need of revision (may be the number of skulls that it creates , or mana…) in comparison:

Nysha 's skull (15 mana - 8 skulls - legendary )
Skeleton (9 mana - 7 skulls - common)

For Prismatic orb or Sheggra’s heart , actually , those are the weapons that creates the most Gems (11 and 12) can also be reviewing perhaps

Finally, as I said , only the developers may decide, but we can give them our opinion.

1 Like

I quite like the challenge of working out what to beat a triple troop + orb with but agree that tt+o teams are becoming much more common. Personally I think that over the last 11 months the devs have done a good job ‘balancing’ troops to keep the game fresh and to encourage us to use a variety of builds so if the orb does get ‘adjusted’ I’m confident it will be in the best interest of the game as a whole.

This is harkens back to an earlier conversation when the webspinner debacle was going on; namely about whether team bonuses should Apply to multiples of the same troop.

Sorry, I thought this was a genuine misunderstanding, not a slip of they fingers on the keyboard. Loose/lose is a very common one.

No offense! Hope you spotted my smiley too. :slight_smile: And of course you’re right about this common mistake and I’m not a native speaker.

Since it hasn’t been mentioned in the thread:

Prismatic Orb is a legendary-quality weapon that unlocks when you get ALL of your hero masteries to 25.

“Create 8 Gems of a chosen ally’s Mana Color. Ally gains [0+Magic] Armor”
Mana to cast: 20 (any color)

i am the fool who runs that team…if i had those cards…proble in the next update…or the one after that…lvl57

When I read some of these posts it is obvious that I have not played for long because you other players talk about characters that I haven’t seen yet and certainly don’t have in my deck. And I have just been playing the map portion of the game with no PvP plays. But I have been walking through everyone in each kingdom with this combo.

Hero with Spirit Staff
Lady Sapphira
Druid
Sparkgrinder
Banner of Progress
no other bonuses

This combo gives me all six colours and some true damage. I try to collect red and yellow first to charge Sparkgrinder and boost my hero a couple times so that I kill with one set of skulls. Certainly not the most elite of what’s out there but I’ll get bored of it when I get better cards as the games goes on and it will change.

1 Like

That’s a pretty great team for someone who is new!

Any Warlord IV teams we should know about?

Thanks Machiknight. At 126 hours of play time maybe I’m not so new anymore. Lol. But I’m sure that some other players have quite a lot more time invested in this game. I can’t see me stopping anytime soon. Practice makes progress.