Share your gems of war teams v1.08 & before

Here’s a fun one:

Soothsayer
Soothsayer
Herdmaster
Crimson Bat

You aim to get lots of Soothsayer casts to up the Magic stat of Crimson Bat (9 area true damage anyone?) and also up Herdmaster’s magic (blows up the whole board). Once it gets running it’s surprisingly effective.

I’m using Divinion Fields banner to speed casting Herdmaster, but others could apply. It also gets a few team bonuses which are nice…

1 Like

My team:

Hero (eternal flame)
Jarl
Moloch
Sunweaver

No team bonuses, baner +2 red.

Hero is there to tank and to fill Jarl with the torch. Jarl is the main guy in here. Creates yellow and red for every troop in composition and for himself, has nice focused damage, and his casts often result in treasure maps. Moloch gets charged both from Hero and Jarl. Draining mana while dealing true damage what else to ask for :smile:
And the last Sunweaver. He is there to make others more durable and fill their mana if the board isn’t kind to my main colours. Also he has blue mana so also to diversify my mana needs. He will be changed in the future but ATM I only have 4 legendary troops.

1 Like

I want to know …who is the fool fielding this defense ?
Brian the Lucky
Brian the Lucky
Brian the Lucky
Prismatic Orb

Got rid of all the Brians but by that time the orb had 173 attack and in the end was constantly
refilling with 100% colour refill so no chance to win. I assume the opposition do not get the win since I retired so a waste of time all round lol.
One to skip next time I see it :japanese_ogre:

4 Likes

Ran into that one once, by the time I got rid of the BtLs the Orb would change the whole board with each cast and it endlessly cycled the spell. Had to force quit after 10 min of that. That team can go DIAF!

I’ve bumped into it a few times but won okay… using a fast (read, lots of exploders) team I can usually take down each Brian before it casts more than once…

My A team currently is:

Carnex
Hobgoblin
Gorgotha
Sunweaver

…which is pretty reliable to beat anything!

[edit - just realised I posted this same team above - but it’s so good, worth having twice :slight_smile: ]

2 Likes

Heh heh…I’ll give it a whirl - it’s a combo I haven’t tried yet - thanks !

Been having fun with

Green slime
Keeper of souls
Valkyrie
Sunweaver

Basic board control team.

Exploder/creation gem teams miss occasionally and it can cascade into a loss. This rarely loses… only have 2 upgraded kingdoms so have only lost once to @djkn I think his name was. Level 1000.

2 Likes

Agree the exploders occasionally misfire… but I only play on Normal difficulty and have all kingdoms to level 10, so generally power through… and having Sunweaver (and Carnex’s armour gain) helps recover from any bad hits…

My guilty pleasure is using 3 reavers and an orb when confronted by 3 or 4 Jarls. No contest. :smile:

1 Like

That must have been @dhjl. :smile:

I have a couple different teams I play for certain situations, but my go-to team since 1.0.7 is a construct team:

Carnex
Tankbot 2000
Flame Cannon
Hero (Prismatic Orb)

+2 Red banner

About the only thing it’s weak to is true damage teams, which aren’t nearly as prevalent as they used to be, for some reason. Occasionally a really good transforming team will steamroll them too, but against those opponents I often use a different team.

Carnex and Tankbot do such a good job keeping their armor boosted that I almost never lose both of them. Plus it’s reasonably fast and the Adana armor bonuses are nice, too. Currently working on leveling up my kingdoms so they have a bit more health…

1 Like

I still use my explosion team which consists of:

Webspinner
Carnex
Gorgotha
Hero (Arrow of Slaying)

Webspinner will tank and try to dish out skull damage and my goal is to activate her ability only once (or more often depending on situation) to weaken the enemy team. Once I get the Carnex/Gorgotha tag team goining it’s usually unstoppable. Arrow of Slaying is an awesome weapon plus it fills up really fast if Webspinner is filled up or dead. Really fast battles too usually which helps with my kingdom leveling.strong text

1 Like

Back to the 3 brians + orb - just beat him comfortably and very quickly with 3 shadow hunters + orb.
(does star jump)

I use this:

Venoxia :dragon_face:
Crimsom bat :black_joker:
Woodlandbanner +2 green mana

Bonuses: 3 mist scales troops (+2 life and +1 magic) and 3 dragon troops (+1 attack and + 2 armor). Direct damage without mercy

This team is giving me a lot of victories.

1 Like

So many legendaries here. I don’t regret foregoing them.

I was using following team for a long time:
Abhorath
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Sunweaver

• 2 red kingdom
    This was and still is reliable team able to beat anything.
    Pros: you get a lot of souls + sometimes keys and maps
    Cons: it takes a litlle longer to win

Currently, my favourite team is:
Skeleton
Skeleton
Skeleton
Hero with Prismatic orb

• 2 purple kingdom
    Really quick games. When one or two skeletons die, I just fill up another one. At the beginning I focus on any magic to fill hero. Focus on double matches and combos. AI usually tries to steal my purple gems so I need to be carefull in case that he has some strong troop with purple mana and avoid its charging.
1 Like

Surprised @melkathi hasn’t patented this line-up!

And another thing…

…so just spent a few days trialling the undead line-up that’s been popping up on a few Defends…

Skeleton
Skeleton
Keeper Of Souls
Hero - Prismatic Orb

…and it wins very often and very fast… leading me to a few balance concerns (cue the nerf alarms).

This one gets a nice few team and type bonuses, particularly to the Magic stat.

1. Skeleton - since gaining the Attack stat buff - make 7 skulls, gain 7 Attack, and an extra turn, all for only 9 mana - feeling a little too potent! the extra turn means at least one guaranteed attack striking with the boosted Attack stat, and often more - only for 9 mana - hmmmmm

2. Prismatic Orb - not the first time it’s been noted - hero weapons so far have dodged the balance changes to gem spammers - and in this team with the Magic stat gains, this orb is a little out of control - placing 14 gems on the board pretty much guarantees filling at least one Skeleton and getting the extra turn - and often fills both and KoS - which means game over…

Get your Nerf guns out - I’d suggest that gem-spamming weapons (Orb, Sheggra’s Heart) will soon need to go the way of gem-spamming troops - cap out at 10 gems and not scale with Magic stat… for the sake of parity at least… though many voices here of course won’t like the idea…

Thoughts devs? @Nimhain @Sirrian?

1 Like

Not enough imp variety.
Impforce 1 currently is:
Abhorath / Terraxis / Summer Imp / Autumn Imp
Implemental is:
Death Knell / Green Slime / Summer Imp / Autumn Imp

Both will change once Winter Imp is out.

Can we please put the pitchforks down for a while and NOT see every adaption as a call to nerf?