Shame on you trolls

Agree. PTSD comment removed. I should not have personalised my response. My bad.

One non-troll-y reason for using gnomes may be that the defense owner has an excess of Blue Orbs after crafting Zuul’Goth and has used them to upgrade all troops to mythic and wants to show off their mythic gnomes.

Then, goes to Lyya’s excellent website to get themself onto the achievement listing for having all troops at mythic level.

https://gowdb.com/collection/4a852366055129cfa230680eabb01a04?sort=rarity-desc&filter-kind=Troop

I haven’t reached that stage yet.

Big thanks for your compliment and cool poem-let. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve previously used gnomes on defence because they were the only troops I have not fully upgraded and were kept at level 5. That gave me a lower team score, which I wanted for some reason that I honestly can’t fathom anymore :laughing:

Or, here is an idea, people use those easy to win against teams…to be nice?

Gasp

Maybe they don’t care about getting awards from their defenders? Maybe from them not even playing the game anymore so why not an easy team?

Then the argument is null since their defense wouldn’t be in the PvP rotation unless they are actively still playing the game.
It’s a game…made largely for adults… If they want an easy game then Kirby has plenty to offer.

Also, PvP should train players to make them better Gemmers. That way it’s not such a rough adjustment for when they face level 500 AI opponents.
If PvP is too difficult… Then the player should be doing explore, quests, or challenges until they get to a place where they win in pvp more than they lose.
Plenty of the game has options for difficulty.
Including PVP… One side of the spectrum are Firebombs where the other are L&D metas. The two exist to balance the opposite side of the coin. Without balance…comes more nerfs. Unwise nerfs for the most part.

1 Like

Or maybe they’ve found a way to get significantly more rewards by setting these defenders instead of other ones? Just imagine both parties involved in the fight being happy after the battle, wouldn’t that be an utterly amazing feature? :innocent:

Lol exactly. I’ve been playing this for years and I love going against easy teams because even though I can battle strong opponents that doesn’t mean I have to. It’s a relief to have an easy win every once in awhile.

It doesn’t have to be a teaching experience it’s in the name player-versus-player so if a player finds four bombs or something then they know it’s the player making the choice to make it easy. Not oh the whole game is this easy? Grow up.

I agree the only thing that would be a troll is if you have a really hard Mythic team and you have the picture of a bomb or a gnome or something tricking the person into thinking it’s going to be an easy battle when it’s not.

I find that those who use the phrase “grow up” on other adults tend to need the actual most amount of growth.
That being said… absolutely zero game play wisdom is found by facing 4 Firebombs and watching them kill themselves and “winning” the match.

If they do learn anything it’s unfortunately a sense of entitlement that makes them feel like every PvP defense should be “this easy”.

And I find you being the only one that is the most negative here and you were the person I was saying to grow up.

Player-vs-player. Meaning not ai meaning the player created the team. If the players facing a team thinks everything should be easy then that’s on them not on the player creating that said Team but whatever dude you can be butthurt over easy teams if you want. This is not a competitive game. It’s supposed to be for fun so if you want to make it more than that then that’s on you.

Well it sure as hell isn’t solitaire. I get that you’re losing this argument, but there’s no need for you to take it personally. My apologies if I hurt your feels today. I was simply trying to educate you on the consequences of the game becoming “too easy”. If you want easy…again I highly recommend Kirby based games. Even my 7 year old niece can beat those games. You both seem to be in the same difficulty range. :grinning:

100% right. Good job it’s not a card game. It’s a gem matching game which means it’s not that much skill-based it’s a lot luck-based which means not competitive. Anyone can copy anyone’s troops it’s not hard. The only hard part about this game is that many people pay-to-win.

I’m guessing you are one of those since you’re trying to make a fun game into a competitive game. So have fun wasting money or even if you’re not have fun trying to get off on trying to make people feel bad about having fun.

You’re welcome for my patronage. It’s thanks to donations such as mine and others that allow you to play for free.
It’s not a waste if it’s entertainment and a lot of time is spent playing. Though I could see how it could feel like a waste if you aren’t challenged by the game at all.
But this has definitely gone off topic so I’ll be done replying now. Take it easy. :grinning:

Do you know Guild Wars or have you ever played it in a top bracket?

I have. I also win nine times out of 10

Not in the top bracket but with that all you need is time. Still not really skill-based

I don’t doubt the competitiveness of the top bracket but I meant the game in general is not competitive. Not different modes. For those that want to be in the top bracket then they make it competitive. It’s not competitive by Nature

Should be easy wins for the newer players though.

I prefer fake gnomes to fire bombs. Fire bombs fill up pet gnomes and when I was a newer player I lost one to a bad board and a chance escape on his first cast. I was super bummed about it and now I still get unnecessarily stressed out when I see a pet gnome in the middle of some fire bombs.

2 Likes

I don’t mind fighting challenging defenses. I think they help me find counters to them. So if some players want to run their best defense, I don’t mind.

Most of the time, I only spend the 50g scouting fee when I see a Firebomb showing, just to make sure there aren’t two Lusts and an Orbweaver/LnD or Jar of Eyes with it. Guardian Crown…there are others.

As for the Gnomes, it is more a feeling of disappointment than anger when seeing the Pet Gnome doesn’t have a sack. It doesn’t change the difficulty for me. But while most Gnomes run away, a Pet Gnome can fill an empty slot with a Beast, and stick around to fill another, so a newer player might have more difficulty. And if Cedric is involved…I’ve had some alts learn not to fight those battles before they are fully armed and operational.

Nothing says we have to be nice to lower levels, or provide them easy wins. I don’t feel bad when my Orcs win; but I do try to send out the occasional High5 for their effort tho. Especially if it’s a +10 win for me. :axe::rage: :shield:

Some players also set ‘easy’ defences hoping they may get some honour for having done so. Firebombs etc are a refreshing change from the numerous tougher teams that some guys choose for their pvp defence. Sitting watching your team get slowly destroyed by looping gobtruffles isn’t much fun but I kinda see where the OP is coming from. There are other easy options of course such as valravens but that might confuse someone into thinking they were teleported into a Raid battle. Or a cedric team might have you thinking you’ve time warped into a vault battle. You soon learn the difference between gnomes with gifts and those without but if you scout the team for 50 gold you will instantly know that any gnomes are fake. If you could see a real gnome by scouting then we would all be doing it.

I set an easy team because if anyone is like me, they don’t have time to spend on pvp when there are so many other activities/events now. I sometimes make it to tier one, but if I don’t it isn’t that big a deal. It used to be. But not with so many events, delves etc. So when I do pvp, I want a fast win so I can get on with the other events in game.

2 Likes