Server Time? Based on what time?

Just curious: where’s the game server’s time based on? I’m just curious and I couldn’t find it anywhere.

The day resets at 1AM AEST. But it hasn’t always and I don’t know what it is actually tied to, if anything.

Isn’t it tied to the server location?

At some point, I read on this forum that the devs were Australian, but I can’t remember who said that, so it’s not really an information I 100% trust, but it would make sense considering the server time I guess…

My assumption is that it’s always 1AM AEST, which is based on the location of the dev team, and this shifts b/c daylight savings times occurs on different dates around the world.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the answers =)

Just to add to this a bit, it looks like InfinityPlusTwo is based in Melbourne, Australia, so they would be on AEST.

Source: http://www.infinite-interactive.com/company/

daylight savings I think. it was 7 am pst now 8 am after spring forward. most online games I’ve played are effected like this i don’t think servers tend to change with daylight savings.

2 Likes

My understanding is that the weekly reset is timed to be basically at the end of the weekend for all players, and similarly weekend events run for 3 days so that they fully cover the 2 days of weekend for all timezones.

1 Like

Our servers work off GMT timezone

But the day resets at 1 am AEST like people said, right?

That is correct.

1 Like