Server Issues Updates: Please see Sirrian's official post for the latest updates

Agreed Captain_video and thank you for the additional information. Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Yeah, if they are really replacing their server, it might give the game some errors if the game still running.
Usually moving server requires a total shutdown for the game…
I also hope you are right about the time required to get into another server :smiley:

One thing that is their mistake is they didn’t make any official announcement about this (if the news about replace to a new server is right)…

3 Likes

Although I generally sympathize with the devs, I have to agree here. There’s simply too many bugs and server issues and too much time passed where things haven’t been fixed. It seems like every update that comes out, for every bug that is fixed, two more crop up. I could go with a month or two of the devs solely focusing on improving servers and fixing bugs instead of new content. I wonder how many new players are turned off from the game and never return after experiencing all the server issues.

3 Likes

No. You set up a mirror on your new infrastructure then “flip the switch” so-to-speak by pointing to the new servers, and everything should be seamless without a single millisecond of delay.

/workedInTheBiz

2 Likes

25 Likes

I feel like I should clarify that I like the Devs; they seem like good people and in many, many ways they treat their players very, very good. And that is part of why my wife and I have been ok with spending so much money on GoW. But in other ways, such as these server issues, it feels like amateur hour and that they’re running around like chicken’s with their heads cut off. They aren’t following even the most basic of IT and Customer Service good procedure. And it’s super frustrating because there’s no good reason for them to be behaving this way.

3 Likes

Honestly Ogunther, i understand your frustration, but if you just take a moment to think why in the first place you were so willing to support the game you would realise that it was mostly because of all the good return you had i’m sure. Sirrian, Nimhain and the others always did an amazing job at communicating and listening to the community, and just recently they failed a couple times with us, but if you take into account how life is busy and messy at the holidays of the end of the year, vacations and such, you will probably be more sympathetic with them i’m sure.

I’m not saying that as service-providers they don’t have responsabilities with their customers, but i’m trying to make you remember all the times they overdid they duties, staying late in the office to fix something that went wrong and i’m sure that eventually this… misfortune… will be dealt with, some amends will be made for the issues it caused, but lashing out on each other or the devs doesn’t help.

2 Likes

I think with all this said, if the developers are indeed switching to a new provider/server today and if all the problems go away after today I hope they get one lesson out of this. Communication is key!!! If they had communicated that they see all these problems and agree they suck. Let us all know the plan. I think not only would they have less bitching here but they would have had a community stand behind them even more.

p.s. Communication is where everyone can see it. In game news, main Web page of Gems of War, etc…

5 Likes

2 Likes

this night, the bugs or the lag are delete all my teams.

now i play 2 arenas with 8 wins in a row. but the laggy game gives me 1st loss during the first 7 matches/wins and the 2nd loss after the 8 win, so i became loot for 7 wins. thank you.

the guild is not working for me.

it loads mega slowly

i love GoW but the performance are the worst i ever saw!!!

besides, why classify the game my win/match as loss when it lag or cancel the match because of lag?! when it counter as a win for the player. we are not fuckt by lag und lose a lot of matches, they we had won

2 Likes

Im not sure you and I read the same forum lol. Yes the Devs listen to a certain extent but they’re also tone deaf in others. To a certain degree they have to be (as all Devs do, since users are notoriously bad at figuring out how to fix issues but very good at pointing out the issues themselves) but they have been consistently lacking in the communication department when it comes to bugs, fixes and maintaining the game over the weekend.

3 Likes

You win the game and after a window telling you that the battle have already finished, you check the log, and you get the lose without any rewards. This one is among the most painful bugs I have ever experienced in any game.

4 Likes

Oh I only got 21 of those error so far. No biggie. No frustrating at all.

5 Likes

I got ‘only’ 4 of them this week, but you plays like 6 times more than me.

4 of those were me ZooKeeper…thanks for the defense win. LOL

2 Likes

Ensuring that this thread stays trending… Devs need to see that their game is basically broken on the weekends and often during the daytime in the US.

3 Likes

Another thing I was just thinking about. If they are really moving over to different servers/provider today – why would they pick a weekend to do it? There has to be less busy times then when everyone is off work and looking to play before the weekly reset.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m wondering this, too. Doesn’t seem to make sense but maybe they were hoping to have it done before Monday’s reset.

The same reason was given for the server issues during the week, so…

1 Like

This may be one of the communication issues to which @ogunther is referring:
10 October Server Issues Thread

1 Like