Serious question and conclusion on the New UI

Mithram, my ‘point’ to you was that my post was a (sorry about the big letters,) - QUESTION - , to the devs.

I’m not sure but I think having put 200+ dollars in a game playing it for years and taking the time to sign up and ‘ask’ a question perhaps grants me a right to a response?..

Sorry ‘right’ is not the right word, but a ‘hope’, that the devs explain the idea behind what they did?..

So again, it’s -totally- in line with the UI because I want to know the reasoning behind it affecting my direct relationship with the game.

The fact (at least, we’ll see?..) that they most likely will not respond is what brings this to ‘darker’ territory.

I simply pre-emptively stated the ‘case’ instead of waiting a month for an answer, and then making the point by at which at that point most of the people will have left the game.

As stated earlier, I never seen so many people flat-out leaving the game both in forum posts and real time chat messages in global chat as I did today, in any game in my life.

I think that warrants being able to ask what made them do it?..

I don’t know honestly, I would hope most players would want to know themselves…

(and not castigate me for trying to find out… )

Don’t know how this stuff works, (it’s a reply but meant for the public?..)

but anyone watching this, just remember - who’s looking into what ‘Sirius’ means,

and who watched that simple video?..

Hmm, actions speak louder than words lol,

remember that everyone when you want to be reflexive on a topic you haven’t searched into yourself…

Come on, we all know the Illuminati is just a myth created by the lizard people that live in the hollow earth to distract people from their existence and the fact that it is they that truly control to world ;p

In all seriousness though, the working on another game theory does have weight. But it wouldn’t be to drive away existing customers from GoW to their new product.

If I had to say anything anything about the new UI it would be that it feels generic. There is way to much of a disconnect from the UI and the fantasy “feel” of the game. At this time the only thing separating GoW from any other genre is the map and the troop names/art.

Slap on a galaxy map, change the names of the kingdoms, update the name and artwork of the troops to match. you now have a new scifi gem matching game.
Oops, scifi is out, super heroes are trending. Slap on a city map with districts you save, abilities are now super powers another art update and its a superhero gem matching game.
Oops again, Superheros are on the decline. Slap on a map of the world, Change of artwork to esoteric symbology, we now have an Illuminati/NWO gem matching game… Wait! We cant do that, it will tick off our lizard overlords.
Oops yet again, Keep the map of the world, art gets changed again to unspeakable horrors. Tada, its now a Lovecraftian horror gem matching game.

Needless to say I could go on for days for any genre that is trending… Pirates, Zombies, Ninjas, Cops, millitary, furries… Quick art flip and push it back out. This would probably work on the Mobile market, Steam community would be up in arms over the “asset flip” aspects though.

While I also don’t believe OP’s theory to be valid, you can’t say the new UI costs a lot of money, resources and time.
In fact, it took more time for Jack Lumber to come alive then to craft this excuse of an UI.

1 Like

this is different “conspiracy theory” but here i come:

The devs introduced new ui to target a new&different customer type in addition to all currently covered customer types

just like they did with guild wars,

so - to the playerbase who doesnt fit the customer type it targets - dont be bothered! its only a part of the game…

a part… oh really? my bad… :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

im starting to not be able to take this game seriously, after all they are kidding us, are they not? :thinking:

edit:

either that, or their previous ui designer died and his/her grandchild found a law flaw and decided to sue gow for copyrights if they dont take it down… so they rushed a different ui… :thinking:

3 Likes

Feel free to borrow my Hanlon’s Razor afterwards, I’ve relied on it for years but it’s as sharp as ever.

2 Likes

Guys, few hours later - update:

Copy/paste from a site, this isn’t all of it, I’m going to start a new thread,

seems the ‘truth’ lied somewhere in the middle of all the above posts, see for yourself:

(again, please see new thread in forum for the full update on this thread topic)

LOS ANGELES – September 27, 2017 – D3 Go! today announced that Oktagon Games will be the new developer of Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest. In addition, Steve Fawkner, the original creator of Puzzle Quest will be taking a Senior Designer consultant role with Oktagon Games to assist on the title. Oktagon Games replaces former developer Hibernum, after announcement of their studio closure in August.

1 Like

Update to my ‘Update’ (lol…),

I’m a new user so I can’t start another thread till the ‘next day’,

but wait for it I’ll post it tomorrow,

there’s a clear reason they’re deciding to do what they’re doing, Fawkner’s working on Magic (the Gathering) Puzzle Quest, they’re basically trying to clone the setup for whatever reason (make it easier to update the games at the same time?..),

but without actually taking a vote to see if current Gem players want their game changed…

Full post and links will be put up tomorrow, see above link for the general gist

2 Likes

No Social Life,

lol you got really close (pretty much nailed it in a sense),

see my above posts, and wait for my new thread tomorrow

(yeah that’s exactly it, they’re cloning the setup they’re setting up now for the ‘New’ game " Magic Puzzle Quest " (based off ‘Magic the Gathering’))

see? the conspiracy angle had it’s truths lol

(unless the devs speak openly and plainly to you, you have a right to search for answers, lol…)

2 Likes

Exactly, ‘conspiracy theories’ or not,

anybody can look at those ridiculous black and white icons and realize …

well rest doesn’t need to be said, lol…

That said, I still think they’re placeholders, and because the devs are too busy (on some other game?.. lol… now that would just be a ‘conspiracy theory’ LOL… : P… ) they haven’t bothered to tell us it’s glitching/unfinished and the real art will be put in soon…

I actually think that might be possible because while I was doing a pvp match, after multiple matches where you see that typical ‘double sword’ icon, after someone dies, all the sudden I saw a skull with some bones (which looked fantastically drawn), then all the sudden it disappeared again…

it happened so fast maybe it’s a new unit?.. I don’t know don’t remember ever seeing a skull and bones unit before, but anyways once it disappeared it was that ‘basic’ double sword icon.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that skull and pile of bones is the ‘death’ icon for a killed unit, but for some reason it’s glitching like the rest of the ‘basic’ icons, and not fully functioning etc…

Anyways we’ll see how it turns out, gonna look at the ‘Magic: Puzzle Quest’ now and see if they have those ridiculous icons too (lol…)

3 Likes

from what you are saying they might wanna make that new game to be made with actually stunning fantasy-like graphics, which we are missing in here → forcing nearly whole gow community to migrate there?

sort of behind the scene deal → get the developer → get the playerbase

anyway i was playing ‘Magic: Puzzle Quest’ for a while and it was nothing even half as good as GoW. if they want to make game similiar to that i dont think they will get the gow playerbase, we arent so cheap!

ps. @Viridian please do not start a new topic, this one is good for conspiracy theories

Yeah you can see all that ‘theorizing’ actually played itself right to the truth - the Creative Lead of this game was moved over to another game (big surprise? lol…) … under another company name no less,

trick is did Fawkner ever tell this to you guys? I’ll leave that up to you to ask/find out etc…

Anyways, I’m curious to play that Magic myself (still have to see videos of it, will right now),

but yeah as for the ‘new thread’, I believe it warrants it because most will be ‘put off’ by hearing that term ‘conspiracy theorist’ bandied about, a new thread allows this to start fresh, complete with the actual factual links, showing clearly those ‘theories’ were quite close to the truth.

You are pointing out the critical factor in all this, the ultimate factor in all this is are they trying to increase/keep or lower their GoW playerbase?

Honestly I see it as mentioned earlier, that somehow these changes allow for a more ‘generic’ feel to the game, for whatever reason.

But, any fool can see you want anything but generic, there are a bazillion generic games out there watering this down can do nothing but drive away the types that like GoW’s aesthetic.

Maybe it’s a technical thing allowing them to implement changes to both (or all? however many there are lol) ‘Puzzle Quest’ type games really quickly if they all follow the same layout.

Either way I think most players can agree it was a mistake, something Fawkner should know since he’s a Freemason and he knows part of that ‘Secret Knowledge’ is that everyone resonates at a certain ‘frequency’, that drives them to be ‘attracted and repelled’ by said like/opposite frequencies.

He basically equalized the frequencies of the games and ended up repelling the ones that liked the ‘frequency’ of Gems as it was.

He should’ve known better, but I’m sure, as a 33rd degree Mason he’s not stupid either, and he probably weighed the scales and decided it was worth it in the long run for some kind of reason related to streamlining updates etc (he might make less money, but work a lot less in general in both games).

Good Topic, glad to see people can see the flip-side of things.

well, if the clues were indeed leading to the true reason of this update, i think id rather assume that they want to
“prepare” gow playerbase to “migrate” to a different game, thus “alienating” it first, then subtly “leading it” to somehow go into that new game

for example now they are making us “miss” and “desire” a “fantasy theme” interface and the “toned down” color palette
next step for example they will make us miss “developer first hand communication” (oh wait that was already done before) and then for example if they increase the “rng factor” even more , we will definitelly miss the “strategy aspect” of the game, you can go on like that further and further… then if a game with all that this community desires shows up, and if the “allienation” process was developed enough for ppl to be ready to move on - they should just naturally migrate there to the new game that “miraculously” matches all their main desires/expectations

but its all just a big guess at this point :stuck_out_tongue:

does not mean i believe it. im merely considering it as one of many possible options

2 Likes

" next step for example they will make us miss “developer first hand communication” (oh wait that was already done before) "

LOL!! that cracked me up lol,

I need to go to bed but I will add this for now before continuing the actual ‘gems’ topic tomorrow lol,

and that is that you figured out how (well one main aspect of it) the world was run since time immemorial,

what you stated is how they change civilizations, step by step bit by bit, Masons have a saying, “We never start a revolution till the time is right” (something along those lines),

meaning they ‘prep’ people to ‘want’ things themselves, that the elite wanted to put there in the first place…
exactly like you’re saying, is being done now to the world, they want to get rid of (cash) money and implement energy credits.

They wanted (and did the science, math, and wrote about) to do this in the 1930s, from the military to the universities.

Problem was/is, how do you get people to accept something like that overnight?

You don’t, you have to work at it gradually, step by step. All these ‘documentaries’, news articles, movies, shows etc showing how bad capitalism is etc, ‘greedy’ people companies doing this and that, is making people ‘hate’ money, that in turn ‘opens’ them up to ‘wanting something else’, they don’t know what that ‘something else’ is of course, but that’s okay the rulers and masters had it all planned out (lol),

anyways so they’re going the way of ‘carbon’, which then will ‘transmorgraphy’ (lol) into carbon credits, then a smooth shift to energy credits will be possible.

and bang boom the plan that was put in place in the early 1900s will finally be ‘reality’ by about 2030.

Thing is, I don’t think that was the idea with Gems, I did at first, but upon seeing the magic thing (remember that article was a real article cut and paste lol, no ‘theory’ it’s right there for people to see, but tomorrow I’ll post the other site as well showing his shift to that game), I think they wanted to streamline and ‘generic-fy’ both games.

I made the point about how I think he made a mistake, but surely he must’ve realized what he was doing and I don’t think (having seen a video of it) that ‘Magic’ game has any chance of competing with this unless Fawkner does some massive huge changes to it.

Which he might, that ‘Magic’ franchise has ridiculous power-house weight to it, I think the company knows there’s massive income potential there and wants Fawkner to somehow ‘find’ it and make it happen.

All being done at the expense of the direction of this game, for whatever reason (lol…)

Anyways, as part of the ‘masses’ I think Fawkner should go focus on Magic and stop pretending he’s getting ‘death threats’ here (lol!..hilarious…) and give creative lead for Gems to someone else.

But as part of the Illuminati/Freemasons etc I know he wants to get the best accomodations possible on the moon or in an underground city during the ‘upheavals’ about to hit the earth, and he’s going to need a lot of money for that. (meaning he doesn’t/won’t give up creative ‘lead’ because I’m sure that’s where most/all the cash is in this game, in terms of a ‘developer’ wage)

So as always the polarities are playing out it’s all about where you want to stand between them…

lol… I’ll post that proper thread tomorrow

lol 10char

2 Likes

If they are not trying to make all players leave their game with this 5yo kid project Ui then they are maybe trying to have all the oldtime players leave as they are less likely to invest more money in their game. New players on the other hand… But did the devs really though the new players who are just discovering gems will like this crap?

3 Likes

I’m not sure this explains why/how they dropped the ball on the UI since it seems very recent. But it definitely should have us worried about the future of Gems and how much attention it will receive. There’s no way Gems gets as much love when @Sirrian is also helping design another game. Only so many hours in the day…

I’m sure Lyya started a new thread with the link to the post above, but I can’t find it now. Has it been taken back down?

I removed it after some deliberation. You are free to post your own topic on the matter.

Whatever they’re doing, Its working. I normally wake up, log on and run through my daily tasks with breakfast. Today was the first day - in at least a year - that I glanced at the ps4 and just said “Nah, you’re alright.” - Still haven’t turned it on, and If it wasn’t for GW, id sack it off completely today.

Sod it, I’m off down the pub.

10 Likes