Sandy Paws

Originally published at: Sandy Paws – Gems of War

New Ulra-Rare Troop: Sand Cat The Sand Cat will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Legendary Troop: Geryon Geryon will be available exclusively in Event Chests this week, and will make…

Old Player team:

The Devoted
Emperor Khorvash
Tigraki Warrior
Amira

Old Enemy team:

Lion Prince
Pride Guard
The Devoted
Emperor Khorvash

This is wild…

The players lose Tigraki Warrior and the enemy team gets Tigraki Warrior instead.

Meanwhile we keep Amira, but the only Blue troop they have now is Corben Half-Elf which is stealthy. You’d have to land a 1 in 4 stun with EK’s 3rd trait before you can start targeting it early.

The only saving grace is that the major enemy threats are in the first 2 slots and Emperor Khorvash is completely unblocked on your team to mana drain them.

Hmm…

15 Likes

Geryon is a Merfolk? :confused:

10 Likes

grafik

The loot table for troops in Leonis Empire event chests is expected to look like this:

Chance Amount Troop
0.11% 1 Dao, Flame of Anu, Voice of Orpheus
3.2% 1 Divine Ishbaala, Emperor Khorvash, Geryon, Regent Khalif
12% 1 Amira, Corben Half-Elf, General Suladin, Khatib Tahir, Manticore Protector, Monster Muncher, Pride Guard, Wazir
21.6% 1 Desert Mantis, Falconer, Manticore, Orpheus Priestess, Sand Cat, Servant of Dao, Snake Charmer, Wandering Monk
21.6% 2 Lion Price, Manticore Cub, Moneylender, The Devoted, Tigraki Warrior, War Elephant
21.49% 3 Khopeshi, Sand Cobra, Warhawk

Unfortunately, event chests have a tendency to be misconfigured, either entirely missing specific mythic troops or containing them at significantly lower than advertised odds. There is no way to know this ahead of spending, and no way to get any kind of refund. If you plan to open event chests, wait till the weekend for the community to find irregularities, this significantly reduces your risk of getting burned.

Edit: It’s Leonis Empire this week, not Drifting Sands. Mea culpa. :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I knew they would change this team…it was too good for us for them not to change it.

1 Like

Since you’re only the “newsposter” - @Jeto - I have to say: Everyone involved in this process is doing a stellar job and really “earning” their monthly salary…
:surfing_man: :clown_face:

The trial team overhaul is a complete joke.

Geryon a Merfolk - as if.
But, will surely be handled the same way as the bounty ogre’s I presume? By not acknowledging it and by ignoring the situation completely instead.
It can’t be said that “the team” haven’t practiced this process to perfection.
Mistakes over mistakes every announcement lately.

Just ruddy.

9 Likes

Don’t you know the Merfolk who live in the desert and are burning?

4 Likes

Sounds a bit fishy to me :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Run into them all the time. Dime a dozen out there. They move from mirage to mirage as if by magic, and are impossible to kill. It’s as if they arent there at all!! Those desert dwelling merfolk are more deadly than the real ones that live in water…

3 Likes

Don’t you know? The little mermaid lost her tail when she found herself in the desert

I’m pretty sure that @Jeto is a bot. Or that they use the account for automated posts nowdays. And who ever is supposed to check the kingdom etc. names, rarely does it anymore.

Just my 0,02€

Oh, and can’t get into the game after the reset. Oh well… :surfing_man:

1 Like

Well, by that logic @Kafka and @Bramble are bot accounts too.

I’m trying to to think of arguments against it, I have around 10mins to edit my message if something comes to mind.

Lets just say, if - yes, if… - the three accounts aren’t bot accounts (nowadays) why is the activity capped at logging in maybe once a week? I say logging in, not reading up, because that’s what it is - nothing more. A while back Bramble was pompously introduced to the forum team but hasn’t been doing much except closing critique threads and telling people to write support tickets. Kafka is mia since a while. And Jeto is only posting fail news after fail news which would be hilarious if it wasn’t such a damn reminder of the sad state this game seemingly is in right now.

8 Likes

Did all 5. Lost once on Epic Trial 5; gotta love Tigraki Warrior targeting important things.

Emperor Khorvash and Amira underperformed.

Pride Guard did solid damage, but since I ended up using it for 1st slot, it didn’t last very long…

I was largely carried by Falconer + Warhawk’s trait for double damage on Hunter Marked enemies…

Give me back Tigraki Warrior for Amira. Dang.

11 Likes

Well, to be fair, Jeto isn’t really posting those fail news, it’s the news bot that’s set up to use her account. Basically the same that happened with Saltypatra’s account, it was also used for various stuff (like serving as only forum contact person :roll_eyes:) even years after she left. Jeto hasn’t been seen for ages, so she might actually no longer work here.

5 Likes

Jeto’s account is still used to process customer support tickets. That may not be conclusive, but it suggests she’s still there.

1 Like

Jeto does show up in the PQ3 forum and she was around recently replying to posts for one of the bugs at Gems of War. I dont even remember which one anymore.

The battle image of the Sand Cat may need to be readjusted in its positioning. While there sure are jokes to be made about its sneaky nature, I don’t think it is intentionally hiding on the bottom of its troop card.

4 Likes

may need to make it a bug report, happens on player side too

This troop should be in chests as of September 1st. Can anyone confirm that is the case?

Picture showing as last legendary release in chests.