Room icons in delves post 7.0 are hard to tell apart

Steam / Android - looks the same on both:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I expected to see the room icons clearly, colour-coded by rarity. Instead I can no longer tell them apart, and I no longer see which one is the gnome room (screenshot is from a deep delve, but it looks the same on a non-deep delve; active room is barely distinguishable from a room that can’t be accessed yet.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time I open any delve, deep or not deep

Steps to make it happen again
Go to delves, start a delve, look at the map

8 Likes

But but but… roman numerals are hard! Counting che tiny tiny stars gray-on-gray is so much better! If only someone has invented, I don’t know, something like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5… A simple cipher meaning a number…

5 Likes

It’s definitely less obvious. If people can’t do Roman numerals why could have just been a mahosive number. At least there is some colour on the unlocked rooms but I think that may have been muted.

Once you’ve played the first one it gets better. Level 1 rooms are gray and basically look the same as locked rooms, though. Brilliant idea! :roll_eyes:

And then those tiny dots. Stars or whatever those are. Why does everything in this update have to be so small?

3 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that after I played the first room. It’s muted a lot. I mean… the change fixed one thing (seeing which rooms can be played and which can’t at the moment, maybe some paths were made clearer in some delve maps) but broke another.

^^ this!

1 Like

I tried to give the update another chance. But each time it gets worse. Originally I was excited from the previews. Then I was 50/50. After all the new bugs and these new delve numbers, I must adjust my rating to I/X. Or should I say 1/10?

Try /********* but tiny

Yet another awful UI change with no thought or consideration to the people who play this game daily. I dislike the change immensely.

2 Likes

they screwed up the room reward display too, if you so much as LOOK at an underspire room, delve maps stop showing their rewards until you restart the game