Revenge Battles not based on Home Kingdom anymore?

I switched to Divinion earlier this week in the (mistaken) belief that it would still get me Purple/Yellow stones… alas.

I think I’m going to go to Pridelands for solidarity. I really need some red myself…

2 Likes

I’m in Pan’s Vale for the 16 glory on 3* Kingdom, but that was only because I just recently got my 8th Whitehelm troop so I havent had a chance to 3* it yet. I’ll remain there for now, but I really hope they fix this. Relying entirely on others to take a hit in resources just so I am able to get more than one type of traitstone from PvP is not ideal to say the least.

3 Likes

Hey Devs, is there any chance we can go back to making revenge battles in your own home kingdom, rather than the home kingdom of the person who attacked you?

I’m getting tired of fighting all my revenge battles in Whitehelm. It’s giving me pretty much exclusively yellow traitstones.

As others have noted in this thread, most people seem to be setting their home kingdom to Whitehelm because it awards more glory, and because there is no incentive to pick one that helps you farm a particular type of traitstone.

My solution would be a new system altogether regarding arcanes in PvP, like it having an equally random chance for any of the arcanes to drop. This way when you finally drop an arcane from a match, it’s not going to almost always be the Whitehelm one (since most advanced players select this as their home city).\

Of course having the “farm” ability by setting it to your own home kingdom was a nice feature, it sounds like the devs didn’t want this anymore so my solution is at least a middle ground.

I set my home as Ghulvania. It can award reds, and in case you get lucky and get an Arcane, it’s something more useful than Rage.

I have only got Arcane Summer as the good stones in revenge battles. My hometown is Whitehelm, so for me its based on Home Kingdom.

Traitstone drops in PvP are random on console, and I think the reasoning is pretty sound:

1 Like

In my opinion, purely random drops is also pretty unfun. The version 1.9 method of having revenge battles based on your home kingdom allowed you to influence the drops you get from PvP without straight farming them. The current system sees no reason to not choose Whitehelm unless you cant currently make it your highest glory kingdom (not enough resources, missing troops), don’t fully understand the mechanics (relative value of glory to the other tributes, the fact that home kingdom does nothing for traitstones anymore), are feeling generous (anyone in this thread changing their home kingdom just for solidarity, for example), or just don’t care one way or the other (most of the Broken Spire crowd).

Restoring revenge battles taking place in your home kingdom would once again allow you to influence the traitstones you get from PvPing without completely farming them, and also increase home kingdom variety (albiet not completely) by making home kingdom a semi-meaningful choice again so you don’t get 90% of the same kingdom when invading also.

I will agree, though, that full random drops in PvP is probably preferable to the current system. If the current system continues, I’ll no longer have need for yellow traitstones of any flavor long before I’ve even reached even 50% of the total needed for other types. As it stands now, I’m basically forced to either open a ton of keys or challenge farm just to see the numbers on a specific non-yellow runic increase over the course of a week. Getting arcanes in PvP is a lost cause, unless you happen to need Summer. Yes, I know explore mode is coming, but that doesn’t mean traitstones should be severely bottlenecked as drops in PvP to the point of basically being phased out, which is what this is trending toward.

@Sirrian @Nimhain
With 2.0.1 around the corner now, any word on whether or not this will be fixed?

Because nearly everyone else has Whitehelm set, so you have a high chance of invading Whitehelm, and therefore are likely to have high chance of getting only Summer Arcanes. It is irrelevant (but not surprising) that you also have Whitehelm set.

1 Like