[Resolved] Server timeout at game start/login

Platform, device version and operating system:

PC / Android / iOS

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

Expected the game to log in + start; instead errors “The server has timed out” during the “Logging in…” phase of game startup.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

100% since this morning.

Steps to make it happen again

Try to launch the game on Steam, or on mobile.

I suspect this is an ISP issue; both my PC and mobile devices on my home WiFi get the “server has timed out” error, mobile devices on mobile data are able to log in OK. ISP is Wave/Astound, west coast US.

OTOH though, I’m not seeing any other issues with connections thru my ISP; this seems very specific to GoW. Is maybe one of the servers down and that’s the one that my ISP is routing to?

It would be useful to know what server / port the game is attempting to connect on so that if I do need to raise a ticket with my ISP. Is there any way to find this?

1 Like

(not a router issue; not having any other network issues, and rebooting the router has not helped)

Maybe related: on my ISP connection, Status – Gems of War only shows “refreshing” ; https://status.gemsofwar.com times out. On my mobile connection both load OK and show all the platform servers online.

1 Like

This was happening to me around the same time, on PS4, eastern US. It eventually resolved itself. Not sure if it’s related to your issue.

2 Likes

This does seem to have been an ISP issue; I reported it to my ISP’s CS and it has either been fixed, or has resolved itself, during the day.

oh good, I did try looking into it earlier as we had an issue with our PQ3 servers around the same time and when you can’t even reach our GoW status page that is highly suspicious that the issue was on our end, but I was unable to spot anything that should have caused the issue, so was planning to poke the team about it more on Monday, but if you confirmed ISP issues - well I’m not sure if that’s better or worse for everyone haha.

It always sucks for a lot of people when an ISP has issues but it sucks if it’s the game server with the issue too.

Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes