Describe your issue:: Well when I finish a battle on any game in gems I get a loading screen that won’t load nor give me my rewards. I have to literally leave the game and rejoin for it to work again but the loading screen won’t load for several hours.
Screenshots or video:(i’m a switch only user and can’t post screenshots or videos)
I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been having this issue. Please contact our support team here: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000013356
They’ll be able to help you with this issue in greater detail.
OminousGMan - Support Human
I occasionally see prolonged loading sequences myself, but it’s usually the result of Internet hiccups and resolves itself upon a retry.
If you want to test for this yourself, try these steps:
- Make sure you aren’t using a wireless controller (use a USB controller or play handheld).
- During one of these protracted loading sequences, press and hold the HOME button.
- From the sidebar that appears, enable “Airplane Mode”; Gems of War should immediately display a network error.
- Toggle Airplane Mode off again. Then close the sidebar and hit “Retry” on the game’s error message to see if it still happens.
Oh yes you can!
Press the Capture button (near left analog stick) to snap a screenshot, or hold the Capture button to capture the last 30 seconds on video. Pretty basic stuff every Switch user should already know.
Of course, capturing doesn’t do any good if you can’t get it off the system onto the forums, right? So here are those steps:
- Go to your “System Settings” menu.
- Look for the “Data Management” section.
- Select the “Manage Screenshots/Videos” command. (Which is actually NOT the same as accessing the “Album” from the Home screen)
- On the following screen, look for the option called “Copy to Computer via USB connection”
- This will set the Switch to act like a portable hard drive. You can now connect it to a PC using a USB cable (you’ll need a USB-C to USB-A type cable, or USB-C to USB-C if your PC has a USB-C port).
- You can now access Switch screenshots/videos from your computer (they are sorted into folders by game). You can generally just drag and drop a screenshot into the Reply box and the forums will upload & attach it to your post. Videos are trickier because of their much larger size (a 30sec capture is 20MB), you will need to upload it on a video-hosting/sharing site and provide a link in your post.
NO I CAN’T I have parental controls that restrict me from posting pictures and chatting in global.
I can’t the email linked to my switch is my mom’s and she said do not contact support.
It should be fine its been doing it for years now.
:3 I’m just going to deal with it on my own like i said its been doing it for 3 years now its probs a bug on my side. I am running it on a nintendo switch lite.
Ah, fair point. Definitely not an issue I have to contend with…