(Resolved) High King Irongut, spell is broken

When he’s got 99 Attack and you use it on the last enemy unit, and it fails to devour.
Priceless bad luck, or a bug? No immunities were present.

1 Like

99% isn’t equal 100%. There is a chance to fail and it will happen from time to time.

Bulette also rolls devour first, I think, despite having similar wording to Irongut. Kraken’s wording is pretty specific:

Gob-Chomper’s wording is a bit different, and more ambiguous:

Sorry to bring up the whole wording thing, everyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Hi Mr. B. The Spell is worded as a chance to devour and as others have mentioned does not specify an amount. If you can list your exact:
Troops/Hero
Spells
Traits

What gamemode you are playing on and how often the Troop does not devour vs how many battles and times it is casting we can look into this further. A video would also be helpful. Without further information it seems like you’re getting a lot of bad luck.

Just jumping in for everyone who has posted about him dealing the damage before devouring. This will be fixed in the next week or so. He should then trigger his devour before he deals any damage.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for all the attention.

I have not been playing a lot lately. And i did not get good, perfect pictures of this happening. I did get some, but it is unclear if the targets are killed from the damage, before they get devoured.

I tested it with 3 humiliation cards, to get King Ironguts attack up, and then used his spell. But with that setup, it also stacked magic so the spell damage got high enough to kill in one hit. I need a perfect run, and only attack up, to test it fully.

That being said. I honestly think they died from the damage first. And that is why i never got the animations from devour.

And like Nimhain said: The order of the spell effects will be changed soon. And then i can test if it is one thing, or the other.

you can use 3x star gazer to quickly buff his attack without touching his magic. Or earth’s fury at high level delves

Awwwww… with the amount of hero traits that provide barrier / troops that gain barrier these days i much preferred the damage first to remove and devour :sob:

I don’t under understand why this would have been an issue as personally i wouldn’t attempt to devour a troop (unless no choice or biggest threat) that has so little health that would die from 20 damage or so…