Request: Don't slow down the game to 1x when a troop is open

When you click a troop and have its card open, the game slows down to 1x

Please change it to retain the speed setting you have configured in the options, or allow a toggle to make it slow if the player wants to!

Thanks!

18 Likes

Iā€™ve always been really frustrated by this. Hereā€™s the way I see it:

I opened a troop because itā€™s my troop and I want to cast it, and I donā€™t really care much what the board looks like when my turn comes around. Strategically this is questionable, but in Explore matches and ā€œfor funā€ PvP matches I donā€™t care. I just want to cast my troop.

Then I sit there and wait. And wait. And wait. It seems like this is a good way to get the CPU to do 7 or 8 free turns plus cascades. And wait and wait. And wait and wait. And finally, I get out of the screen because apparently Iā€™m never going to cast my spell. Then the CPU completes its turn immediately. Thanks.

My conspiracy theory guess:

I remember a bug where if you were looking at a troop that could cast when it died, you could still cast it when it became your turn. This was particularly broken for troops that can respawn themselves like Sunbird. I wonder if this ā€œintended behaviorā€ wasnā€™t meant to discourage that, rather than fixing the underlying bug?

1 Like

Yes please! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes please!

Could we pretty please make this a toggle-able option in Settings for the next patch??? :grin: Okay if the default setting is ā€˜onā€™ (with me, anyway).

I remember in one recent stream ozball said this was hard to change due to the way the game was coded

Noooooooo :cry:

found it. at 1:14:48