Platform, device version and operating system
iPhone 7, iOS current
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
As suggested by the thread title, this is reproducible. Every time I have satisfied the conditions outlined below I get this crash.
Steps to make it happen again
- While doing something else, while the game is still loaded in memory, receive a pet notification. (The bolded phrase is important. If so many other apps have been used that GoW has to load from the initial black splash screen, this crash does not occur.)
- (Optional?) Go to Gems from the notification. No popup appears announcing the new pet rescue, despite what the notification just said. In fact, the “Games” tab still refers to the next weekly pet event.
- Back out of Gems, force quit the app, and restart it.
- Watch as the black splash screen shows up, does its usual backwards pulse, then makes way for the Gems of War screen.
- At this point, before the “Loading Assets” bar appears, the game will crash back to the home screen.
- Upon relaunching, the game will load normally, and the expected pet rescue dialog will appear.