[Reported] Weird chat overlay / glitch / scaling

Platform, device version and operating system: PC

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
This is a little tricky issue, but might be related to weird chat scaling problems we’ve had, so I thought I’ll post it here.

I started seeing the text “Notification Icon for Alliance Chat” on the line where I type my messages to chat after 7.5 update. It came and went, sometimes it’s there, sometimes it’s not. As far as I can test it - it appears when I enter chat from any screen that’s not main map (e.g. Journey rewards screen, or any other battle screen that has the chat button available, including in-battle).

Today, an additional layer to the glitching happened: I needed to scroll down the chat (with a mouse scroll) - and after the chat scrolled down to the bottom of the conversation - it kept scrolling, revealing the settings page underneath. Of course, the settings page disappears as soon I release the scroll on the mouse - it wasn’t easy to catch on screenshot :rofl: I didn’t notice this before today’s patch, but the text “Notification icon” across the text box was there before 7.5 patch. If you look closely, “disconnect from global” button is partially visible on the right hand side. Not to mention that the top left corner “?” button disappears as well, hidden under the left-hand side menu buttons.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
After 7.5 update

Steps to make it happen again
Enter chat, I guess? I know it’s a small thing, but it adds on to all the other scaling issues/buttons not being where they should / travelling buttons across the entire game that are driving me personally absolutely nuts. They don’t make the game unplayable, sure. But they take away from the gaming experience. And not by a little, but by quite a lot. Please, fix these issues.

7 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencaptures.

I’ve let the Dev team know about this issue.

Please also let me know what resolution you were playing in!

I play either at 1920 x 1080 (full screen) or windowed (1024 x 768); when it happens, it happens on both resolutions.