Platform: v6.9.0 Switch (but possibly multiplatform)
Issue: For as long as I’ve played this game (two years?) I’ve noticed a small audio quirk: every time you end a battle (by victory, defeat, or forfeit alike), whatever music track that was playing at the end of battle just … keeps playing. It doesn’t revert back to the game’s main Map theme until you return to the World Map screen, or if something else (like a subsequent battle) forces a change in music.
Now, with the 6.9 update released, the music never returns to the main Map theme AT ALL:
- If I win a battle, the Victory theme continues playing … indefinitely.
- If I was defeated, the Defeat theme continues playing … indefinitely.
- If I quit out of the battle, the battle music continues playing … indefinitely.
It also affects the following:
- If I play a run of Treasure Hunt, the Treasure Hunt theme continues playing … indefinitely. (Which actually isn’t so bad considering this is a very chill theme to listen to.)
- If I’m selecting/editing a team for use in certain modes (such as Trials) but return to the map, the “prep” theme continues playing indefinitely.
- If I craft a Gnome-a-Palooza, when the timer expires (presumably when not in battle) the Gnome music keeps playing. Indefinitely!
This really just is a case of the game failing to reassert the main (Map) theme upon returning to the World Map. Still, it’s a regression from all previous versions and definitely belongs in that lovely category of “how did something THIS captain-obvious-level-of-obvious somehow not get noticed/fixed prior to beta?”
I can include video footage if desired – though it really is immediately noticeable…