[Reported] Underspire Glitch: Trapped in Void

Platform, device version and operating system: Xbox Series S

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened: I was expecting the circle marker to reset to the first room for the new week’s Underspire. What actually happened is the circle remained far away from the starting rooms with no way for me to move it.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
This marker glitch occurred only once so far for me during this week’s Underspire event for the week of Oct. 9, 2023. The glitch began happening when, while I was still on the previous week’s Underspire map during this new week, I entered into a merchant room. When I exited the merchant room, the map was replaced by the new week’s, Oct. 9, 2023, Underspire map but the marker failed to automatically reset its position to the starting room (shown in the left-hand position of the map).

Steps to make it happen again
I am assuming that if I was to enter a merchant room from a previous week and then back out while the game is on a new week, this same glitch should occur. I find that Underspire does not update automatically on a daily basis, and I often need to exert a key or exit and restart the game in order to get the Underspire event to properly perform a daily reset, which is part of the reason I was still on an old Underspire map when the weekly reset had occurred.

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencapture and the detailed description.

I’ve let the development team know about this issue.

Quick question:

• When you have your cursor stuck, does closing Underspire reset the cursor?
  • Does closing and reopening the Gems of War app unstick your Underspire cursor?
2 Likes

I tried closing and reopening the app as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Is there a way to force close Underspire within the game itself? Otherwise, when I back out into the kingdom menu and reenter the Underspire menu, the cursor/marker is still trapped within the black void.

Also, buying torches with gems does not solve this issue either. For reference, I only wasted 50 gems doing this before realizing the circle marker was still stuck so it wasn’t an extreme amount.

Thank you for reading!

3 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for confirming.

Please provide your invite code so the developers can investigate the issue further!

3 Likes

Sure, my Gems of War invite code is VARIETYGAMER_LHSG

2 Likes

Just here to say that the glitch I mentioned in the OP does fortunately not persist from week-to-week (I am not trapped in the black void for this week of Oct. 16, 2023). Still, I look forward to the devs coming up with a fix in the coming future to this easily duplicatable problem.

1 Like

I believe Underspire resets the cursor to the location of your most recent battle?

I tried leaving my game (Switch version) running across the weekly reset last night because I suspect that this is only a problem for controller inputs (aka. touchscreen should not be affected as you can tap any room anywhere on the map at any time, whereas controller is limited to moving between adjacent rooms), but the only thing unusual that happened was some issues with my router/Internet connection in general, and (for reasons I can’t untangle) the Underspire button saying “Underspire: complete” and being non-selectable. Naturally as this might be related to the weekly reset it is difficult to experiment with…

General suggestion: Allow controller inputs to move the cursor freely across the Underspire map (or at minimum, until it reaches a valid room).

1 Like