[REPORTED] UI freezes when recruiting weapon

Platform, device version and operating system:
iOS 14.0.1
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
UI Freezes when recruiting weapon to a team that currently does not have a hero.
Weapon replaces top troop and then does not respond to almost any interaction.

This can be resolved by tapping one of the troops.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time. Completely reproducible on my device (iPhone X, iOS 14.0.1)

Steps to make it happen again

1. from PVP or Troops (and perhaps other) entry points, select a team
  2. ensure team is comprised of all troops, if necessary replace hero with a troop
  3. Navigate to Weapon tab
  4. Select a weapon
  5. Tap Recruit.
    => Weapon is shown in first troop position as screenshot above.
  6. no inputs are allowed until a troop is selected.

(hmm I guess there is a toast directing the user on what to do - I never saw that until this moment. This alert is different that others and kind of hidden…

I guess the heart of the issue is the weapon is shown in the first position but really isn’t there until the first position is selected following the prompt.)

Look carefully at your screenshot → it says: “chose a troop to replace.”

At this step you should click any of 4 troops (actualy 3 and 1 hidden by weapon), which should be removed from team to make place for hero with weapon.

Yes. Why is the weapon hiding one of the troops? The message is telling me to o one action but looks like it has already put it in the first slot. We know this isn’t true and that I should have dragged it into place but it is what it is.

Alternately, why does the message require an interaction and even the back arrow cannot be pressed. Furthermore this isn’t a workflow seen elsewhere.

It’s always been that way and i guess nobody bothered to mark it as a bug → people just noticed it.

it’s probably because frame with weapon is overlapping 1st slot troops. Not sure how it is on iOS, but on android you dont have to “drag” it. Just “click” the spot which you want.

Thanks for reporting this.