[Reported] The Ps5 Gamepad no longer works with Steam

Hello,

Since update 8.1, the gamepad (Playstation 5) no longer works correctly in the game. After 3 or 4 battles, the game freezes, and even the mouse no longer works.
I restarted the game but the problem returned.

I uninstalled the game, steam and also the controller. But the problem persists.

This problem has appeared since I updated the game.
I’m using Windows 10.

Can you fix this new bug?

Hello :slight_smile:

For the development team to investigate this issue further:

• Please provide your Invite Code
  • Please clarify if this issue is also happening on the Sony/Playstation platform? (Purely just playstation)
  • Please confirm if you are playing the game on PC, with a PS5 controller plugged in?

Please also let me know if this issue is occurring for other platforms?

I’ve just sent you my invite code.
Cordialy

Thank you for the Invite Code.

What kind of battles were you playing? before the game froze

No battles required, everything was normal 10 minutes before the game update. After the game update, After 3 battles the game freezes. I am an Xbox controller and use it on a PC

Thank you for the report. @FanDeHen

Please provide your Invite Code?

Please also try uninstalling and reinstalling Gems of War and let me know if this issue still occurs even after a hard reinstall.

Three hours after the update, I tried updating the controller driver, replacing the NS Pro controller, reinstalling the game, and other operations, but it still didn’t work. My friends around me also encountered the same problem… :smiling_face_with_tear:

Hello,

Please provide your Invite Code for the development team to investigate further?

For the investigation, please clarify what kind of battles did you play before the game froze?

Eg. PVP battles, explore…etc

I played explore :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

8.1.0r65103, Steam + wireless XBox controller, MAISIE_SKWE; softlock on this screen during today’s Faction Assault:

Can select the rewards and the Continue button with controller or mouse; controller A button or mouse click on a reward shows the reward’s tooltip; controller A button or mouse click on Continue does not work, remains on this screen forever. I had to force-quit the game from Steam.

The victory was counted; on re-entering the faction assault after restarting the room is shown as complete and I was able to finish the run.

1 Like

Hello,
I play exploration.
The bug appears when I click on the “continue” button at the end of the fight.
I play with a PS5 controller on Pc (windows 10).
I re-installed the game and the controller. I also re-installed steam. The problem persists.
Cordialy

I have the same issue as illustrated by the op after 8.1 update. Softlock on the victory screen. “Continue” button can be chosen but clicking on the button nothing happens.

I play the game on Steam PC (Win 11) and use an Xbox One controller. This only happens when I use the controller. Played 15 battles with the controller (10 in ToD, 5 in PvP), softlocks 3 times. Played about 40 battles with the PC mouse (10 in PvP, 15 in underspire, 15 in dungeon + adventure board), no softlocks at all.

This also doesn’t seem to be a PC side issue. I am in an guild that’s part of an alliance of 5+ guilds and also a member of another 20+ guilds’ Discord. No report of softlock on non-controller Stream or Mobile.

Flagged as “trolling”.

2 Likes