[Reported] Server error cliffy-

Steam Win 10 INVITE CODE NUNUTHZ6_X6A4

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
The error message is: Server Error: CLIFFY-…
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every time I win a match.

Steps to make it happen again
I just have to win a game. Explore mode, quest mode, challenges

1 Like

Yes, i have the same issue under the same circumstances.
Both on PC (Steam - Win 10) and on Android, even after repeated restarts.
I run the latest version on both.
Invite code PLEIADEM45_7SDU

Same, cant play anything now, Server Error CLIFFY-I8CYBF9CGI
WIN 11, Steam

Played the first pet recue, now every thing I try gives me Server Error CLIFFY-I8CYBF9CGI after a win and game restarts.

Update:
Tried android game but still the same result, Server Error CLIFFY. I can do everything except win a game if I lose in pvp its ok, but if I win I get the server error. This error must be linked to accounts as my partner is playing ok without the error pop-up.

Invite code : BOSSTECK_8HK5

Same problem, been going on since this morning, 1.5 hours after the reset.
Steam Win 11 AND Android.

update :
My partner has no problem playing neither.

Invite Code : SPACEPRINCESS_LUFK

I have the same problem.

Invite code : BOBBYCARROT_E7JZ

I play on Android

1 Like

1 Like

Reported for guildmate who doesn’t want to register. His invite code is trebor_jjf7

Hey everyone,

Passed these on last night/this morning and the team is investigating. No need to submit any further CLIFFY errors at this stage.

so how long does that take?
i literally cant play the game and am about to lose at least a day.
will there be compensations?

kind regards.

1 Like

This usually happens when the server doesn’t agree with the battle result it gets sent by the client, for various reasons. It probably won’t help, try if creating an entirely new team and using that for the next battle changes anything. Don’t put the hero in.

didnt work. but thx anyway for the suggestion.

Even trial ends with this error, tried your suggestion anyway and didn’t work :confused:

This error only started after the new Paragon’s path. When completing the tasks and getting the exp boost for 15 mins… That is when the error started. Not sure if anyone has noted that or not.

Checks for me ! I played the boost and couldn’t play after.

What a deal, get XP boost but then you can’t play for 2 days :sweat_smile:.

That’s interesting information, the XP bonus also plays into the battle result. Could you please open your hero profile (by clicking on the portrait on the map), switch to the “Bonuses” tab and post a screenshot of your active bonuses? Maybe there’s something visible there that looks suspicious.

Numbers add up. Does that help ? Also noticed I could win a treasure hunt (yay lol), the only game mode that doesn’t give XP (as far as I know).

My partner played the boost and it didn’t happen to her, I just completed the pet rescue stage one and the errors started for me.

1 Like

I can confirm that for me the problem arose when the xp bonus expired. I was doing some exploration matches and the problem suddenly occurred.
I think it’s a problem with xp. We must still have the active bonus and it’s crashing…

It looks like the root cause has been identified, fix coming up:

1 Like