[Reported] Raid event: team copy/paste ignores weapon restriction

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam

Screenshot or image:

Top half of image shows restriction working within the event team builder
Bottom half shows Mang useable after being pasted in.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting the Raid Boss event to restrict my weapon choices to the event kingdom, Merlantis. That is what happens if you manually build your team, inside the event. However, if you copy/paste in a team, any weapon will be useable.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
I’ve only noticed it in this Raid because someone brought it to my attention.

Steps to make it happen again
Build your event team using one of your normal team slots. Use any weapon that is not allowed in the Raid event. Copy the team code. Inside of the raid event, paste the team.

Note: Invalid troops will NOT paste in. This bug only affects restricted weapons.

1 Like

I always wonder when people make bug reports like this are they trolling knowing it will upset people, or they think they are helping out the community being completely oblivious what they are actually reporting, or they think they are some kind of white knight that’s helping out the devs?

13 Likes

Possibly just to make it fair for everyone. It’s controversial, because “fair” here translates to “awful”. Raid Boss (and other game modes) used to be just fine all the years we were able to freely pick our weapon. Update 7.0 turned it into a slog, by crippling our options to build efficient teams (while leaving rewards the same).

I sure wish the fix for this one would be to revert weapon restrictions, because the old approach was way more fun. Unfortunately, to quote their lead designer out of context, “Gems of War isn’t THAT type of game”.

10 Likes

Who would this be unfair too though?

In general those struggling with a Merlantis weapon when they could have a much easier time slotting in Mang. It probably also has some impact on the reward leaderboard.

6 Likes