[Reported] Pvp lag due to full enemy team refresh

I think, I found the issue with the very long loading times in Pvp. I know, we already got a thread, but opening a new one might help to get this fact more attention.

Here is my enemy selection in Southwild:

After taking this screenshot, I did one fight in Winters Reach. Upon returning to the Southwild screen, I saw this:

I logged out of the game, restarted it, entered Southwild and got this:

Please be aware, that at no time I fought any enemy in Southwild. The players remain the same, but their defenses have been refreshed (as seen in the changing point value).

This is happening in ten kingdoms, so for 30 accounts, every time Pvp is openend or a fight ends. Compare this to the previous 6 accounts in old Pvp, and I think you might have a clue, why it is lagging like crazy.

4 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencaptures.

I’ve passed on this information to the development team, including your theory about it influencing the delays in PVP.

1 Like

Thank you. Just for clarification, those kingdom screens opened instantly, so the information on each of them was preloaded, and that most likely did happen during the very long delays when switching to Pvp or ending a fight.

If it was possible to refresh a kingdom only when its screen is opened, I could imagine that the load would be reduced a lot.

3 Likes

Good finding Jerog! The loading times drive me nuts, raaaaghh!

1 Like

What you’re seeing is the symptoms of the way they’ve designed the new PvP and their decision to resurrect long-dead accounts to populate everything. There’s so many nonsense “players” who are not players at all, they’re zombies, and obviously none of them have, or ever will have, real teams set… so is it searching for the stored teams, can’t find what’s not there and is generating random junk teams every time and that’s what takes time? I don’t know, but that’s what it looks like. Is this why it’s a few seconds for some and 90 seconds every single gd time for me? Maybe it has to trawl through these 100s of 1000s of accounts via a poorly formulated db query and that’s why it’s consistently just a mild nag of a 10 second lag for one person and always well over a minute for others. We’ve no way of knowing. What I do know it’s absolutely killed the best part of the game for me - I was so looking forward to this new PvP, wanted to end the last ever old PvP week on a high and made it into the top 5 before it went away, and now I can’t even bring myself to think about playing it when someone else can have played and won 3 fights before I can even get one to load up.

I play 3 accounts - my main, my son’s and one I’m using to make a guide for the guild. They’re all equally terrible in terms of lag. I’m not touching the PvP mode on my main this week, the lag, seeing my defence ratio that I was quite proud of get utterly trashed, and the lack of quality battles was just too much last week. I’m sitting fingers-crossed waiting to see if I indeed do stay in the league I was promoted to. But I’ve played the other 2 accounts to the weekly rewards max and can hand-on-heat say I’ve not has a single, genuine, proper PvP fights in all 180+ matches - they were all against random junk in any and every region. “It’ll sort itself out” is wishful thinking, I’m not at all convinced anymore.

5 Likes