[Reported] Power unlimited achievement didn't pop on xbox for me

Which consoles are you all playing on? an original Xbox One, a Xbox Series S, or Xbox Series X?

I’m on a series x

Series X here, just like @MysticWeirdo. The achievement popped for me though, so I don’t think console version makes any difference regarding this bug.

One of my guildmates reported that he didn’t get the achievement to pop. I really hope this bug gets fixed soon, and those who bought the power orb from the Lost Souls event (but didn’t get the achievement to pop) will be retroactively given the achievement if at all possible. If not, then they should be compensated because for many late-game players, they no longer have any need for power orbs and so they would only be buying it for the achievement.

1 Like

I am having same issue, spent gems on Carmina event only to buy a power orb I don’t even need for an achievement that didn’t unlock. Frustrating! Hopefully can fix it and get it to unlock. Not fair to be forced to waste gems again on a future event when you won’t put anything else in the game to spend power orbs on. On Series X for whatever that’s worth.

I have an xbox one.

Xbox series X here. I’ve had issues in the past with not fully closing out the game and quick resume, I don’t think I did that before buying my power orb.

Part of me then wonders if its a Quick Resume issue. Maybe not if its hitting all consoles though

I did not quick resume. also on trueachievements there’s one person who exited the game completely before buying the orb and didn’t get the achievement.

Well, see you guys back for a Christmas event hopefully…looks like we’re out of luck for this one.

Achievement fail to pop for me again in the Krinklemas event. Fully powered off the console this time and restarted the game.

And one minute after submitting a ticket it pops. So it may or may not pop for the others that had it fail last time.

With the new holiday event, is there any confirmation that the achievement is fixed? For those that already earned their power orb in a previous holiday event, will the achievement unlock or does it require another power orb earned?

Definitely not fixed. I bought my power orb this afternoon, no achievement. Three months in, the third event, and still no communication about why it might be happening, how to avoid it, or when it might be fixed - much less an actual fix.

You can see below that my orb of power is gone, although I suppose you’ll have to take my word for it that I didn’t get the achievement. Note that I have unlocked an achievement in this game since then (Delved Too Deep), so I don’t believe it to be a problem related to achievements in general.

1 Like

Soft reset, before starting the game, clear the game’s reserved save file, start the game, done. Works on the XBox mostly 90% with hanging achievements.

Before anyone else tries this approach above (hard reset, etc.), know that it will only help if the problem is on Microsoft’s end, and if that’s the case then a console reset is almost certainly unnecessary. Knowing this, I still tried a reset and clearing the game just to see if it helped. It did not.

The devs have recognized that this is an issue; it’s in their ‘known issues and bugs’ page under ‘achievements may not trigger.’ This means it’s likely on their end, and very little chance that any amount of fiddling with your console will make it work after the game has failed to award you the achievement.

Sorry, there is no need for a HARD reset, blame it on autofill. All you need in most of the cases as you mentioned if its on MS side to turn off your console, back on, delete game cache and restart game. As i wrote, works most of the time on hanging achievements (if its not game bug related).