[Reported] Missing epic weapon for Mydnight in soulforge

PC/mobile
Where is Mydnight’s Terror?

2 Likes

Is that the class weapon maybe? Seems to have been in some cash offers for players too.

One of the unfortunate things with this game is that they do not continue to explain how things work.

In this case, how the weapon releases for New Kingdoms happen. Please allow me to attempt to explain:

1. The weapon you’re asking about, “Mydnight’s Terror” is the Epic rarity weapon that comes with the new kingdom on launch. It is only available for real $$$ while you still have campaign missions available. If you have completed the campaign already, you will have to wait for a flash offer or until they add it to soul forge (after a month or so, and during a week that Mydnight is the weekly kingdom).

2. There are two more weapons in the Kingdom pass, “Temporal Scythe” (25-paid) and “Hands of Time” (50-free). I believe these also eventually get added to Soul Forge in the same manner, but I’ve always just bought the pass.

3. “Sands of Mydnight” is a weapon that is given to you for reaching a certain level/mastery. Most of us are above the level requirement, so you’ll have to wait until your next level up and you should receive this in mail.

4. The class weapon is not in the game yet. It will appear on Friday.

8 Likes

Mydnight’s Terror WAS NOT AVAILABLE for me while I still had the campaign to do. And it’s not available now that I’ve finished it. Of course it hasn’t been offered anywhere else yet as well …

4 Likes

to 1. yes sometimes you get the epic weapon in soulforge on kingdom release, sometimes not, pretty inconsistent from devs. but if it’s not there, you have to wait for the next weekly event for Mydnight to come then into forge.
to 2. the now paid weapon Temporal Scythe will be in soulforge in the next weekly event for Mydnight and the now free weapon Hands of Time will be the paid weapon for Mydnight after kingdom pass ends.

2 Likes

If you make your hero go up one level, you get it.

yes, i know, but that is Sands of Time, not the epic weapon Mydnight’s Terror

1 Like

O sorry, ok good luck.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Mydnight’s Terror is the Kingdom Slayer Weapon for Mydnight - this is the offer that shows up where the Explore button is in the Kingdom menu before the Kingdom Quest line is completed. However, Explore and the Kingdom Slayer Pack get overridden by Underspire.

It will be craftable in the Soulforge in future Mydnight Kingdom event weeks.

We are considering running a flash offer for the Weapon for the same price and rewards of the regular Kingdom Slayer pack it comes in normally, so if you wanted to purchase it in Mydnight release week you won’t have to wait until the next Mydnight week to get it for free.

I’ve made a request for more detailed descriptions of how to earn Weapons on the Weapon cards in the collection for the team to consider the request.

7 Likes

I didn’t notice an option, there wouldnt be an explore as it would be under spire given it is a Mydnight week.

1 Like

Mydnight Terror showed up in a random popup for me, but the normal way to get it is blocked by the underspire.

2 Likes

Read what Kafka said again…? When you unlock a new Kingdom, but before completing the story Questline, the Kingdom Slayer weapon offer should appear in the panel that later shows Explore/Underspire.

OR, are we looking at a bug where the Underspire panel is somehow blocking the Weapon offer from showing (again, prior to completing the story questline) ?

(cough)

1 Like

I havent completed the story quest yet and the weapon isnt there. Underspire is there instead of explore

1 Like

There was no such option for me. As others have mentioned, perhaps another panel was over-writing it.

It should be a reward of the final battle of the questline to avoid such issues.

3 Likes

No offer there at any time. Checking for new weapons EVERYWHERE is the first thing I do since they’re my main priority now. It used to be pets, but since old campaign pets still aren’t in the game years after the campaign ended, I’m focusing on weapons instead.

I don’t remember seeing it there either although I wasn’t really looking at the explore option. As I mentioned in another stream I did get the offer show up when I exited part way through the quests when it said it was only available during the quests. I guess this makes some sense if the box when it was supposed to show gets replaced by explore.

1 Like

Before Underspire, the offer would occupy that slot (Explore would appear only AFTER finishing the quest line). But it seems like Underspire took priority and was displayed instead of the offer. But that offer appeared randomly as a flash/pop-up screen from time to time, but only if you were on the main world map screen. Meaning that if you went through the entire quest line without leaving the quest line menu between first and last battle - the offer would never display for you.

Yep. I went into the kingdom and it said Underspire. Completed the whole questline with no pop ups and it still said Underspire the whole time. I never saw a weapon offer.

1 Like

You can see in CrispPurpose’s livestream from yesterday that he’s not started the story but has Underspire on his Mydnight screen:

I noticed the offer as intended and it stopped after completing the questline. However it wasn’t visible as expected. Instead it was a pop-up offer that displayed every time i exited the quest without completing it. I reproduced this several times as i was attempting to verify w guildmates if this would be craftable in the future or not. Upon finishing the quests, it no longer appears.