[Reported] Map cursor acting strangely

Encountered on: Switch, current version

This bug has occurred from time to time while playing in the Switch’s handheld mode (and for this reason could be exclusive to Switch? …I just don’t have any clues to prove that), but it also tends to vanish as quickly as it happens, leaving no side effects behind, and the conditions to trigger it have been … unpredictable.
BUT.
Last week I noticed one of my analog sticks drifting (…) and then the bug happened. So after a quick minute of testing for any correlation, I grabbed this:

Video example:
(static screenshots are insufficient here, it must be shown in its entirety)

Notice that as I alternate between controller and touchscreen inputs (reflected by the change in UI labels), at one point the cursor freezes in its screen position while I scroll the map, instead of snapping to a Kingdom like normal. Then, just as quickly as it appeared, it vanishes again!

A more extreme example is to hold the analog stick in some direction while simultaneously scrolling the Map via touchscreen – the UI will rapidly alternate between the two modes, and this may also cause the bug to occur.

Fortunately this is just a visual error – it does not interfere with actually interacting with the Map to access Kingdoms or Factions.

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the video.

I’ve let the development team know about this visual issue.