[Reported] Mana fromFirebombs isn't collected

Platform, device version and operating system:

PC/Steam Win 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:

“Explode 4 red gems” should equal 2 red mana for red weapon. But the red weapon gets nothing.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?

Noticed it today. All the time – unless a 4+ match falls to replace exploded gems.

Steps to make it happen again

Put Firebomb on a team with any red-only weapon. Use the Firebomb when there are at least 4 red mana on the board. (Non-red gems exploded by the bomb that match the weapon’s other color(s) do accrue.)

most likely what is happening is the firebomb executes the “explode 4 red gems” part, and its mana is empty at that point, so it collects the mana, THEN it does the rest of dealing damage then destroying itself. It SHOULD destroy itself first imo, but the current order the effects are listed in makes sense for this outcome.

11 Likes

yep, almost never place a firebomb before another red troop, if you want to collect mana.
not a bug, it operates like that since release

1 Like

This is exactly it.
If you slow the game down, you’ll see that’s exactly what happens. We were using an odd Firebomb setup on GW a few wars back and we put the FB last because of this.

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencaptures.

Firebomb is not meant to be absorbing the mana that is intended for the next applicable troop.

I’ve let the development team know about this issue! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay, meaning the spell should function as (in order):

• Destroy self
  • Destroy gems
  • Deal damage

If so, maybe the spelltext should be rewritten to imply this specific order.

3 Likes

in all seriousness?
after that many years?

3 Likes

Is this what the team told you?
If that’s the case, would you ask them why did they finally wake up?

Firebomb was released in 2017, so nobody noticed it was working incorrectly during pre-release testing (mind you, it only takes a few seconds to notice) and for the period of about 6 years this troops has been in existence. Am I thinking along the correct lines?

4 Likes

I think they hire new people for every update. So everything is new to them.

3 Likes