[REPORTED] Kicked guild member can still talk in chat

Platform, device version and operating system:
Kicked guild member playing on Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I wanted to see if a kicked guild member would get a message they were kicked. So, I logged into my alt account Bobbing For Trophies and joined the guild. Then Bobbing For Trophies got kicked. I didn’t see any alert or mail, so I tried a battle to force interaction with the server. After that, I noticed I could still talk in chat.

In case it’s relevant, the guild has 28/30 people. Edit: There are now 30 people in the guild and still the kicked account can talk in chat.

In this case, this is just a funny thing. However, this could be a big issue if someone is kicked for bullying.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
No idea if this has happened before or not. I only tried this today.

Steps to make it happen again

1. Join guild.
  2. Get kicked.
  3. Do a battle.
  4. Open chat and talk in guild.
1 Like

2 fights done, got a popup for daily offers, and 19 minutes later… still in guild chat.

In gif form showing Bobbing For Trophies was kicked but can still talk. I took this recording from the GM account Snooj on Android 8.1.0 on OnePlus 5T

2021_02_14_09_32_18

1 Like

Another vid:

mobizen_20210214_092602_2_1_1

1 Like

1 hour later, Bobbing For Trophies collected tribute, and was still in chat.

However, in my fun I got greedy and tried to change my title to Too Hot To Handle. Alas, that finally kicked me out of chat.

Decided to do this again just to see how long my alt can talk in the guild despite being kicked.

We are now at 30 people in the guild, and the kicked Bobbing For Trophies can still talk. So, the roster size doesn’t matter.

It has now been four hours since the kick.

2021_02_14_14_22_21_1

PS, sorry for calling you a liar to the world @blindnighto :heart:

Edit: @blindnighto isn’t a liar, I am just a scrub.

We’ve seen this on several occasions, and tested it ourselves. Until the person who left/was removed logs out of chat, restarts the game or joins another guild, they may still have access to your guild chat.

2 Likes

@Hisspa is exactly right.

1 Like

Bizarre. Seems like a way for trolls to continue bullying people. A kick should be a kick and not require any action from the kicked person’s end. :slightly_frowning_face: Hope this gets fixed.

6 Likes

I agree with you, but I doubt anything will happen. It’s been this way since the beginning.

Thanks for reporting this, I have made it known to the devs.

3 Likes