[Reported] Guild war points - bug or cheat?

@Kafka @Saltypatra
This was posted 6 days ago. However, we haven’t gotten a follow up response. Bracket 20 (PC/Mobile) was not fixed last week, and it didn’t correct itself after GW was over. It would be nice if a dev let us know if the bracket positions will be fixed in the next GW.

8 Likes

this is why I don’t force my guild to do guild wars 1 because I don’t have a full guild and thx to 4.8 axing LT’s doubt I ever will now and 2 because the devs don’t seem to care if the mode has bugs as multiple people have said it’s happened in the past I have little faith it will ever get fixed normally any dev that gave 2 cents would make tracking down the cause and fixing a bug like this a number 1 priority

Theyre noobs so it must be beginners luck :thinking:

Hi @Kafka 1/3rd of our time before next GWs… Will the guilds effected get compensation and placements corrected?

5 Likes

This is such a huge disappointment to see them responding to other bug threads while totally ignoring us or to give compensation for the lost rewards that we were never given. If they’re not going to support GW’s issues then they should state such instead of ignoring their players when they report them or ask them for help. At this point them ignoring us has me far more upset than the actual bug itself. It’s inexcusable and reprehensible. It’s a very bad way to handle business and one that will eventually come back to bite them, it always does.
At one time the game had the best support staff of any game that I’ve ever played, going out of their way to right any wrongs and compensate their players who may have been affected by any bugs. Sadly those days appear to be over. :disappointed:

11 Likes

I’m going to follow up on this today, I am sorry for the wait.

Salty has been helping me answer the bug report threads this past week and a half and we’ve transitioned to all working from home instead of from the office. I’ve also had some sick days. Unfortunately, I have the most knowledge of this issue so it was easier to let me just handle it myself.

I know this is a very important issue and I’m sorry I haven’t followed up sooner. Please bear with me while I get ontop of all the bug reports today - I am answering other ones first because leaving this one last today means I can dedicate 100% of my focus to it without dsitraction from the other reports.

5 Likes

Lusoboys score and rank should be fixed for the next Guild Wars.

Their correct rank is 197 - at the time I’m writing this - ranks may adjust at the start of the next GW based on registrations.

Krystara’s Keepers should have been placed first in bracket 20 (rank 191).

I will send all the players who were in Krystara Keeper’s at the end of the last Guild Wars 50 Gems tomorrow (in the next 25 hours), this is the amount of Gems they missed out on due to the bug. This will take me some time to do so please don’t write any tickets about it, I won’t let anyone miss out. You’ll be able to find the Gems in your game mail when I’m done. If you joined Krystara’s Keepers after the Guild War week, you won’t get the Gems.

12 Likes

Respect, that’s the outcome we wanted. Thanks Kafka

7 Likes

Thank you very much @Kafka. We really appreciate this.

7 Likes

Thanks @Kafka and crew for correcting the bracket placement.

6 Likes

Hi @Kafka Thanks for the correction to the guilds that we found with this bug. Will the team be able to fix this bug before GWs week? or… if not, be able to track all GWs brackets Tuesday to quick fix any more appearances of the issue?

2 Likes

It should be fixed but I’ll be asking the team to double check again before GW starts on the weekly reset.

4 Likes

Hey folks,

Just a heads up, we have attempted a couple of fixes for this issue but we actually haven’t been able to reproduce the issue yet so we’re not 100% why some Guild’s scores aren’t resetting at the end of the Guild Wars week.

That means that the fixes we’ve attempted may or may not fix this issue, we won’t know for sure unless the issue stops happening or unless we find the cause of the issue between now and Monday.

Basically from now until we’re sure this is fixed we’ll be manually checking the scores at the start of Guild Wars.

Unfortunately, we’re not able to check the scores are 100% correct until the Guild Wars setup day has started (Monday 7am GMT), that means you may see incorrect scores - HOWEVER, we are going to make sure we correct them before the first day of battles starts (Tuesday 7am GMT).

Daily reset is currently at 6pm at our local time, some of us do work late to be there for reset but it means that it’s possible not all scores will be corrected until the next business day.

My current plan is to post here once the scores are corrected on Monday/Tuesday before the battles start, if you notice any incorrect scores after I post about it please let me know here.

I’ve made an article about the issue if anyone wants to follow the issue progress or link anyone directly to the information.

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001446135

8 Likes

Heads up @Kafka daylight savings ends Sunday, so will change new day time for us.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, so from Sunday it will be 5pm reset for us in Melbourne Australia, but still 7am GMT though.

2 Likes

Thanks for committing to this extra manual work. It’s greatly appreciated @Kafka and co. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Hey, we’re pretty sure the scores all reset so if you do see any that haven’t please let us know!

3 Likes