[Reported] Gem-count box for Apothecary includes doomskulls

Device:
iPhone 12 mini

Screenshot:

Background:
Apothecary’s spell converts all gems of a chosen (non-brown) color to brown.

Skulls are not selectable:

Steps:

1. Bring Apothecary into a battle
  2. Tap to preview their spell
  3. Look at the count box (left side of the screen)

Expected:
Should list colored gems only

Result:
In addition to colored gems, the list includes doomskulls and uber doomskulls (but not regular skulls)

Affected troops:
Apothecary and Crysturtle are affected. Astral Spirit is not. I haven’t checked the other flexible-except-skulls converters.

6 Likes

There are probably too many “color of choice” Troops to review them all, but as a quick example, Clockwork Sphinx (destroy gems) and Crysturtle both correctly count only the six Mana colors (no skulls).

Another example, Keeper of Souls counts all Skulls (resulting gem type) and the six Mana Colors (source gem type) but it lists the Skulls first (contrast the screenshot here, where Skulls are listed last).

2 Likes

Crysturtle is affected for me:

Hello :slight_smile:

Thank you for the screencaptures!

This is not a bug as Skull gems and Doomskull gems are not a ‘mana color’ and therefore cannot be selected to transform to brown. (As referred to in the Troop spell)

Wouldn’t that mean that they shouldnt show up on the graphic since they cant be converted and also are not a color?

:thinking:

3 Likes

Yes the spell is functioning correctly, thank you. The bug is that every spell can control what gem counts are shown viewing the spell page in battle, and that certain spells (Apothecary and Crysturtle, etc.) show a Skull counter when it is irrelevant to the operation of the spell.

This is similar to my prior report about bad Boost Ratios – there isn’t (necessarily) anything wrong with the spell’s function, just its metadata.

6 Likes

That report text was way too long to read. Can’t expect anyone to spend more than 10 seconds on a post by the players in order to understand what they’re actually saying.

They only play this game for hours every day and have done so for years. How would they know anything about how it works? :roll_eyes:

Sorry but this is getting so infuriating. Someone reports a bug, with screenshots and precise information of what’s wrong and the answer is “nah-uh, B isn’t wrong” when the players reported A as being wrong.

This is not the first time.

Can’t we at least get the courtesy of actually having our reports being read carefully?

9 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

Apologies for misreading this bug report.

I’ve taken another look at this report which has been correctly pointed out to be a bug, and have forwarded the details, alongside the screencaptures to the development team.

Thank you for the notice.

4 Likes

I spent 5 minutes writing down various Troops whose spells function on a Mana color of choice, and … even though I’ve barely just started, spells counting skulls (when they don’t need to) are “more present than not” so far.

2 Likes