[Reported] Game freeze in guardian battle plus extra bug

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC with Windows
Screenshot or image:
No screenshot taken

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
What I expect to happen is to actually be able to play a battle!
What I also expect is to get a chance to start the Guardian battle for the next battle, but got offered a normal battle. This makes it a double bug!

What really happened was that game completely froze on this team:
[1426,7446,7524,7524,3059,1,2,2,2,1,1,1,14035]
Wand, Stella and 2 Khafru’s with Geomancer class.
I had to retreat.
The next battle on my final sigil was not a guardian battle, as it should have been! This makes it a double bug!
It is already impossible to make the pvp goals so losing out on a guardian battle is huge!

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Maybe because I alt tabbed out during loading of the battle. But even if that’s the case, that shouldn’t cause a game freeze!

Steps to make it happen again
With only so many (little) guardian battles a week, I can’t make this happen again nor do I want to try and make it happen again, it is too costly to lose a guardian battle with the given pvp goals

I should very much like to get my sigils back to get that guardian battle done!

See the below as already reported in many guises.

I know, but I made a new thread because of the Guardian bug.
My freeze happened during the guardian battle and after backing out my new battle should have been the guardian battle!

That’s a nasty 2nd bug occuring after the Khafru bug!

But thanks for the link, posted the details there too!

Just checking for more details on what bugged out, can you explain the events leading up to this part of the bug? Specifically, how many battles you’d played, whether you’d lost any, whether you’d bought any extra, and if you still had any sigils to play the battle that appeared instead of the guardian battle then what happened after that battle ended (I assume the guardian battle didn’t appear then, but just confirming if that’s the case)?
Obviously, you don’t want to try and repeat such a bug, so any info you can give instead might be helpful in them figuring it out and fixing it. It might also help other players avoid the bug until then. Thanks.

I started the Citadel battles in Geheron (purple) and had the 6 free sigils.
I didn’t buy any extra, I never do.
I won my first 4 battles and then got to the guardian battle.
That battle froze up on me, so I had to retreat.
That cost me a sigil, by no mistake of myself just the game bugging out.
I still had the 6th sigil, so wasn’t too worried.
Too my surprise I was not taken back to the guardian battle tho!
It should have taken me back to the guardian battle as I did win 4 battles, that this didn’t happen is a nasty bug imo.

I was, what looked like, offered the same battle choices I had for my 4th battle.
After that battle, which I also won (not a single battle was lost by me) I was out of sigils.
I was not offered a guardian battle, but I don’t know if the guardian battles pop up if you have no sigils left.

It felt like the game rewinded after the freeze but it sadly did keep track of the sigils!

1 Like

You get a Guardian Battle after every 4 Citadel Battle victories (non-GBs). Since the game glitched on your GB you “lost” and wouldn’t have gotten another one unless you bought sigils. That part was “working as intended” but you losing your GB cuz of a bug sucks! Especially as you said since Vanguard has the least margin for error for FTPs! So sorry it happened to you, hope they figure out some compensation (maybe 5 extra sigils?).

1 Like

I had 4 wins, so I think it is crazy that if you “lose” the guardian battle; you don’t get it on your next sigil.

if this works as “intended”, it really sucks!
Cause imo only the 4 wins should count!

And yes, I would really like my sigils back and deserve to get them back.
Cause there is no margin for error here and it was the freeze bug that caused my loss!

2 Likes

If you play all free Citadel sigils an entire Season you can “lose” 5 GBs and still complete Vanguard (50 wins / 55 opportunities). Doable, but by far the narrowest margin for error. And I agree that changing to “GB until win” at least allows for a second chance with the sixth free sigil if things go south in the first one (or in your case bug out thru no fault of your own).

2 Likes

Hello :slight_smile:

I double checked with the development team about the status of your Guardian Battle.

And they’ve let me know that as a retreat unfortunately does count as a loss, (so it counts as a battle), the battle count progresses as a result, meaning it will move onto the next PvP battle and unfortunately skip the guardian battle.

I suggest contacting support via Support for your lost sigil.

And, as I also personally agree that the consequences of the freeze are rather harsh (losing guardian battle) I’ve created a Quality of Life request to the development team to take into further consideration - so that you guys can have more than one chance at Guardian battles, should the first one be ‘lost’ for any reason.

2 Likes

Making it so the Guardian Battle remains for the 6th free sigil if the first try fails would be excellent QoL!

2 Likes

Thanks Bramble, just sent in a support ticket!

And I would indeed welcome a 2nd chance in the guardian battle, in future, when the 1st attempt was a fail for whatever reason.
This seems fair, cause reaching the guardian battle means you did have 4 consecutive wins!

1 Like