[Reported] Bug/Suggestion: Scared off enemies should count as defeated

Since the Terror effect was announced, it was worried among the community, that an enemy, who escapes due to it, does count as escaped, not as defeated.
I think, this can be considered confirmed by now. I just had a fight, where I earned souls only for the defeated enemies, but not the terror-escaped one.
More importantly, this would happen with gnomes and ravens as well, making the effect harmful to the player who causes them.

This is bad.

BAAAAAAD

Change it!

Troops, that are removed through different nonlethal effects like transformation do count as defeated. So should terror-escaped ones. Make the effect technically distinct from the escape through spells, that some troops use.

P.S.: Posting this in the bug forum because, seriously, nothing from the suggestion board ever reaches development.

13 Likes

I understand the frustration, but whether this should apply is ā€¦ debatable?

Iā€™m not for it, strictly speaking ā€“ from a ā€œloreā€ perspective, if a special troop flees then it CAN be expected to take its loot with it, and this is simply a natural risk of using Terror to begin with.

But, I do understand the reasoning that if YOU were the one to inflict Terror then win the battle as a direct result, why should this be functionally any different from inflicting Death Mark (then winning that battle as a direct result) ? The addition of a Troop shuffling to bottom before running away isnā€™t a useful difference. The relative lack of immunities to a new status ailment isnā€™t, either.

Likewise, I can understand a ā€œloreā€ reason that if a special troop flees (and not of its own accord) then it COULD be expected to drop whatever loot it might have been carrying.

I sure will not be using any terror troops in events, if I get to choose. But imagine a kingdom restricted raid week, that will come rather sooner than laterā€¦

Then it drops its loot so that it may run as fast as possible. Agreed.

As each update now only adds more ways to spend money, players need to fight to get to keep those small things that are currently free.

4 Likes

or Tuesday Faction Assaults? Thursday Class Trials?

Yeah, I can agree with the idea that if you inflicted Terror on a Valraven and it flees from Terror (not from its own spellcast) then maybe it should drop the +2 Event Sigils same as if you defeated it. Like I said before, if we were talking Death Mark (or Lycanthropy) then obviously that still counts but is it ā€œreallyā€ so different mechanically when all of these status ailments proc by RNG?

3 Likes

Enemies that flee from Terror specifically should count as defeated from a loot perspective.

2 Likes

Enemies that flee due to terror are intended to count as defeated and we tested to make sure they do before releasing Mydnight.

Which game mode did this happen in @Jerry_the_skunk ? Iā€™ll do some further testing but if you could let me know the game mode and even a rough time for when you noticed this I will test that game mode and check your logs so I can follow up with as many details as possible.

5 Likes

Of course you did. Everybody knows your testing is top notch the best in the world and second to none.
Yet somehow stillā€¦this happens in any game mode where Terror is used and has been happening since the first moment that Terror came out.

For example, PvP with a troop running in Terror
terror

And PvP with no troops running in Terror

One can see that the former gives souls for 3 (three) defeated troops while the latter gives souls for 4 (four) defeated troops.

5 Likes

So Valravens/Gnomes fleeing via Terror should still drop their loot?

Not a bug? Souls are, well, specifically the energy gained from KILLING a troop. (Which is likewise important for spells that boost by troops ā€œkilledā€)

3 Likes

Currently Gnomes are dropping loot even if they run away and itā€™s directly tied to Troops fleeing due to Terror counting as kills. So if Terror flees arenā€™t counting as kills, I need specifics, because itā€™s not only been working, itā€™s been working so well itā€™s even affecting fleeing Gnomes :sweat_smile:

Iā€™ll test in PVP.

Edit: Also just to be clear Iā€™m not doubting the reports, just trying to get any specifics I can for the bug report and wanted to mention how itā€™s intended to work and that it did pass testing so if itā€™s not working this was a reverted issue :frowning: I remembered after posting this that you all canā€™t see my body language or hear my tone and you may not know me well enough to know what my attitude towards bugs is, text is hard.

10 Likes

Update:
I did find something that looked odd thanks to Dust Angelā€™s battle logs.
Iā€™m making a full bug report now.
It was a tricky one as it is being counted as a kill but it looks strange in other places

Iā€™ve added this info to the Damage efficiency section of the Point scoring article for Guild Wars while the team are looking into it:

7 Likes

Thanks. So far the only indicator have been souls to me, like in Dust Angels posting, so there could of course have been the chance, that gnome/raven drops count on a different basis, however that seems unlikely.
A terror-fleeing natural gnome is hard to reproduce (unless one wants to use a gnomapalooza for it). Would be painful if it happened though, so better to catch this bug before it causes harm.

For sake of consistency and precision, ā€œkillsā€ is the ā€˜skullā€™ stat checkable on page 2 of the battle pause screen (i.e. the same stat used for certain boost ratios e.g. Glutmaw). Running away (via Terror or otherwise) is not counted as a ā€œkillā€ in this context ā€“ but, as you stated, apparently a special Troop (Valraven/Gnome/Battlecrasher) is still supposed to reward their loot when fleeing via Terror.

Oh yes, Battlecrashers. This may need testing whenever the next Kingdom Pass occurs.

1 Like

I can confirm, that terror-escaped Battlecrashers do not reward tokens.

1 Like

Ok so I have to give praise and kudos when deserved.

Since youā€™ve been back, youā€™ve been very active with replies.
And itā€™s refreshing to see, and appreciated.

I hope it stays this good, have a great new year Kafka

1 Like

Linking for reference, diminished XP/Soul rewards but gnomes still dropping loot were also discussed a few weeks ago when terror appeared in game via EoE before kingdom release

Check whether or not it still counted towards the 10 daily Battlecrashers ā€“ if not, then itā€™s not an actual problem, despite the annoyance.

I did check, and it did not count.
More strangely, a few fights later a different escaping battlecrasher did earn me a reward and did count. Does not seem to be consistent.
Came close to testing it on a gnome, but ended up killing it by accident.

See this please

1 Like

Bump, in Raid this week, only getting souls and xp for 3 defeats if the 4th enemy flees from terror .

Didnā€™t get a screenshot sorry

2 Likes