Remove extra turn from Rope Dart

I think rope dart is way up there on the strength curve but if you lose the extra turn the weapon becomes useless. I’d personally rather deal with or ignore the rope dart in defense than have it become an unviable option. Maybe an increase in mana to 16 could be the best option (half of filling Zuul’goth).

So…much…this!

There is a certain amount of random in the game… can’t be helped. It is what it is.

But a big part of the game is making adjustments to YOUR team to deal with the AI team. Should I use different medals? Should I use a different class? Should I use different talents? Do I need to just use a completely different team?

I honestly cannot remember the last time I shivered in fear when I saw the enemy with RD. It happened… a long time ago. But not in any recent memory. Now I think ok… RD… we are facing armor strip, extra turn, entangle. What can I bring to deal with this? Honestly 99 times of 100 my bring squashes it. That 1 time is the rng hating me. That’s a thing. But it’s a thing that has zero to do with RD.

As you say it all comes down to adjusting your team to the fight. The evil rng is always a potential boogeyman, but that’s a different thing!

3 Likes

Thumbs down :-1:. I believe you should aim to increase your skill to counter RD teams.

5 Likes

Meh, Rope Dart is as it is. Only option i could see for somehow balance Rope Dart would be exactly same thing that was done to Skeleton Key, LD, Gobtruffle → increasing it’s spell cost by something meaningless like 2-3 mana.

Wouldn’t change a lot, but could make looping with RD a bit more difficult and prevent long-loops.
Whatever… last GW had like 3-4 RD teams on blue day… smashed all without losing a single troop ? Maybe lost 1 troops. Don’t remeber, realy…

1 Like

Please remove everything from game that beats me because I hate to lose a battle. No one should ever lose a GW battle and everyone should get a 30/0 and everyone should get a participation trophy. Please remove all competitive modes from the game because again I hate losing. All these people putting up these hard DEF teams should be ashamed of themselves because again I do not like losing.

5 Likes

No changes needed.

1 Like

Are there overpowered weapons in the game? The answer is yes so we need balancing.
One of those is RD the other is LnD. Doomed weapons should be OP since they hard to get and even more harder to upgrade.

As far as Life & Death goes? I think part of that problem are the affixes. The spell itself already doess three useful things: steals Life, applies Death Mark, grants Bless to the caster.

That really should be enough. There’s no reason why it also needs to drain mana from the first enemy or to Enchant the caster.

Three useful things for 18 mana is plenty. Two more useful things, one which slows down the opposition team and one which accelerates the ability to cast Life & Death again just adds insult to injury. A great amount of insult at that.

hard no. If you can’t beat a RD team or a LnD team, the enemy is the rng.

3 Likes

Miss the point completely. The problem is not you can beat it or not, we are are talking about balancing the weapons with other legendary weapons.

1 Like

I understand you, I just don’t happen to agree. The only way to achieve this mythical “balance” is to make all of the weapons in question, essentially the same. Otherwise, there will always be some that are “better”, or more useful, or meta. And I say some instead of one because not every team or situation, has the same “best weapon.”

5 Likes

I understand and acknowledge that the Rope Dart is overpowered. Yet I wouldn’t agree to changing or nerfing it. All weapons do not need to be at the same level - even of the same rarity.

5 Likes

We don’t seem to get so many good weapons these days. You can include most mythics in that sentence, sub weapon for troop.

I’d love to see some more creatively made weapons, please don’t destroy any more. We seem to be getting bottom feeder delve weapons now and all the Raid and Invasion weapons are a thing of the past. The current crop of Doomed weapons are uninspiring and the kingdom weapons are copy and paste.

I remember RD when it came out, it was a great weapon with some ingenuity involved, that made the event much better than Mang, Mang, Mang etc. It soon found a niche team, which you very rarely see anymore. It’s useful in GW still on offence and defence.

3 Likes

I remember thinking, “Oh shit, this is OP – are you sure about this, devs? You’re giving us an extra turn? And entangle? :man_shrugging: Okay” :sweat_smile:

And then I don’t think it was too big of a deal, initially, or maybe just on the DL – maybe the necessary supporting troops weren’t around (although I struggle to think there wouldn’t have been options), or maybe it was just comparatively too slow and not needed at the time, or people hadn’t come up with good or widely-copied teams. But then of course it took off in PvP big time.

I think it was probably an unnecessary power jump – and hey, I get it, all (and now just most, not all) the other Raid weapons took that eliminated Armor and did something with it – added it to Attack, to Life, to Magic – whereas Rope Dart just stripped it. It needed something else, sure. It just so happens the something else made it a lot more potent in non-Raid/non-scaling situations than any of the other Raid weapons.

I – probably controversially – don’t really care if it loses its extra turn or not, but actually agree on the general theme (of many of the responses) that nerfing is generally an uninspired move and best kept for exceptionally unbearable circumstances; or that if it was going to happen I’d really only (hesitantly) agree if it was part of some broader plan to shift the game balance in some more favourable, enjoyable direction – and even then, you’d have to be pretty confident (or exceedingly bored with the current balance). Maybe they’ll bring out some other fun weapons (but good lord we have an overabundance of weapons, generally) that would make losing the extra turn less of a big deal. But yeah, unfortunately idrgaf :sweat_smile:. It can be handy for beating some other shitty (:stuck_out_tongue:)/annoying teams ¯_(ツ)_/¯ – could I still do that without the extra turn? Less so a while ago, but now, probably? Maybe differently? I’d probably want it not to destroy 3 red gems as well, though. I guess that’s how tweaking can get a bit messy.

1 Like

Define over powered though…. I’m pretty high up there and use MC (aka the newb hammer!) a lot. So what makes something over powered? What is the criteria?

Sometimes I use RD and it is a beast! Other times? It’s a dud. Sometimes I use LnD and it’s a beast? Other times nope. Sometimes I use Mang, or MC or EoE or RR… etc etc etc.

1 Like

OP weapon, in my opinion, is something that a defense can use and not lose frequently. L & D, Norbert’s Turnip etc.

I cannot call a weapon OP based on offense teams…

So we come full circle again…let’s ruin weapons for offense just because we find it problematic on defense for whatever reason:

1. lack of stats and/or countering trops (can be solved with naturally growing account)
  2. “Switching attack teams suck!” (can’t be helped, you get what you deserve)
  3. lack of skill (probably the hardest to solve)
  4. some other reason

Looking at GW defense/offence against results (because countering elsewhere is quite easy) - certainly not overpowered, none of those weapons. Some stronger than others for sure, but nothing to raise eyebrows.

3 Likes

Lose frequently to whom, though? And under what circumstances? And is it the weapon or the specific team?

1 Like

Am honest question. Do you win a every battle in PvP? If you do, there’s probably no weapon overpowering enough to stop you. Do you come across some meta defenses that frustrates you with never ending loops? If you had, those weapons in the defenses are the ones which are being called OP here.

I really thought this didn’t need explaining or to be specific with names of weapons and team builds.

1 Like

Bing! Yes, I did. Of course I did. Operative word being did. But as you progress and level yourself, your kingdoms etc, it’s not a thing. I can honestly say. Really truly honestly! That I do not remember the last time I have inspected the enemy team and thought “omg that weapon!”

It really CAN be a thing for awhile. Absolutely. But this is a live service progressive game where you are not supposed to skate through every battle on day one, or even day 365.

I will answer your question, though. Do I win ever pvp? No. Most, yes. Even when losing a lot was a thing, I knew it wasn’t because a weapon was OP. It was because I hadn’t figured out MY end.

3 Likes