Remove Empowered Please

No, You and your guild don’t play Arena. Likely you don’t care about the daily quests,War Bands or Treasure Hunt. But as the company has said multiple times, these are very popular with the casual crowd.

@TheIdleOne is your Guild still dominating on Xbox?

Or will only current “first placers” have a qualifying opinion? Since only 120 people out of thousands then get to have a say. :person_facepalming: Lol

Most folks that buy stuff it’s to be more competitive at wars. Like why in the world would I care if I missed a mythic when it get stripped for wars

Bracket 200 here (so ranked 2000+). We’re casual about GW, requiring only a single fight per person. Most of us do all 30 fights anyway but there are several stragglers.

We see empowered as a fun challenge every now and then. Sometimes we win (extra rewarding) and sometimes we don’t. We come up with strategies or copy the team to use it as a future defense.

Today was brown day for us, and I faced an empowered converter. I did not use an empowered troop to counter and picked Titan. Won with flying colors.

GW points currently work by rewarding fast matches. This makes the simple “removing traits/empowered” a much bigger (although not impossible) task since they’d have to rebalance points. I for one don’t see this as a problem, much less THE problem with GW.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure the devs could check the abysmally low Arena event stats (compared to other events) as well as how many people play more than 3 Arenas a day (for daily offers) and check if most people actually like Arena :sweat_smile:

Not saying you’re totally off your rocker, @hunterme , I just don’t think most players would agree with your view and I don’t think GW is good for what you’re suggesting. I’ve hardly heard of anyone who actually enjoys Arena (not saying these people don’t exist, just that they’re not the majority). Most people I hear from only do it for offers.

If you enjoy Arena, that’s awesome, and you’re totally entitled to your opinion. GW, in my opinion, is a place where you can use any troop, any trait, any strategy. I’d hate to see them take away troops from GW they consider too powerful rather than just nerfing the troops themselves. I love being able to use anything I’ve worked for.

1 Like

We have taken 6 of last 7 on Xbox. His guild is doing ok. Usually 3rd I think. The same 3 guilds are in top 3 and the 4th guild is always basically 4th. These are the guilds that do it the correct way on Xbox at least.

But GW is already not a “any troop, any trait, any strategy”.
Points require a single color per day - you can use another strategy, but will get fewer points, which for your guilds is the point of GW.
You can’t use sacrificing troops - you lose points that way.
You can’t use a control strategy - you lose points if you don’t win fast.

Please provide the statistics on Arena you are comparing - I don’t see any online that I can get to.
Arena is a more level playing field - you can’t pay to win like GW. It is somewhat luck based as the troops you get choice of vary a lot, but the Reroll option flattens that curve out a lot. Otherwise, the current Arena encourages you to pick you team well and use them together. Many “bad” cards in Delve/GW/PVP are very good in Arena. Arena is a training ground for new players - without the traits, your decisions matter more.

Such a funny statement - “The correct way”.

Then go play arena and leave guild wars to the professionals.

Quick aside: I like the new Arena. It still could be greatly improved but I enjoy it. Would play more if rewards weren’t so lackluster.

GW is essentially PvP with handicaps, i.e. use only a specific color. You’re matched against someone’s “best defense” and you have to figure out a way past it with the troops you’ve collected. And you can make it harder on yourself by sticking to only one color for more points. The challenge is the fun. It is also the frustration.

2 Likes

The solution if you like arena is not not make Wars like Arena. The solution is go play arena and leave wars alone because some of us hate arena!!!

What I mean by the correct way is if you can’t stay in B1 then at least some in your guild is most likely doing something wrong. Probably same Def every day or not sticking to color of day on attack.

Or the company could update GW again with new scoring and options and increase the interest in their main player base - which they most certainly will at some point. And you professionals can go back to Ranked PVP.

Ranked PVP :joy::joy::joy::joy:. Too funny. It’s Wars or explore. There is nothing in PVP. Wars is the only thing keeping me playing this game so they mess it up then lots will head to exits

So lets see, you play < 20% of the content of the game, and think you play the “correct way”.
Not surprised the company ignores your suggestions.

I never said I play 20% that’s nonsense you just made up. I said GW in its current form keeps me here. I play events as my quild requires. I skip arena because nothing to do with guild. PVP I do rank 1. But like I said go play arena if you like it so much.

I have never known a state of Guild Wars that wasn’t already this.

There have always — and will always — be METAS in a strategic card-based-combat game. Just the nature of the beast :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

The idea that a level 2500 player would have a massive stats advantage is simply not true. After 1000, you only get an extra stat point every 100 levels until you reach 2000. After 2000, it’s one extra stat point every 1000 levels. For example, the difference between level 1500 and level 2500 is only 2 life, 1 armor, 1 attack and 1 magic. And that only applies to the hero. These days, that stat difference I mentioned won’t make a major difference in win probability with endgame stats.

1 Like

You are correct but if they stripped everything then every stat will count way more than now. Right now you can walk in a war and get it handed to you by a level 1000. Would be way less likely if things get stripped. Lots here seem to want it like Arena which my response is go play Arena since you like that mode. I hate arena so why in the world would I subject myself to that.

Some of my guildmates might skip Arena (The Unforgiven is a very large family), but let me assure you I (and many others) don’t.

Can’t pass up on the chance for Imperial Deeds :joy:

EDIT: Also, @rojo , I think it’s clear you disagree with the OP, but I don’t think we need to antagonize. Save your aggression for the fights that matter, my friend :wink:

2 Likes