Remove Empowered Please

They sell you traits and Orbs. Why on earth would they want to not let you use them. They do that in arena and guess what most hate arena. People would stop spending money on stuff if they can’t use it in the most compete part of the game!!!goodness!

I made no statement about “it’s no fun because I am losing”. In fact, I win 80%+ of my battles in GW. But to do so, I either run empowered or Frostmage - there is almost no middle ground.
Great that you find doing the same battle over and over fun. I find it boring and a fun suck. A simple option is proposed to make 10x as many teams viable in GW is proposed.
You again make my point for me “I faced double or triple converts every single battle.” Yup, that is EXACTLY my point - no creativity on defense, and I will hazard a guess no creativity on your attacking teams.

Who said same battle? Just because it has converters does not mean it’s the same battle. They are number 2 for a reason you know. That was one day! The next day only had paragon that had double convert. So it’s not everyone and who are you to tell folks they can’t use their troops because of your fun. It’s not about you.

There are various issues with the arena. To summarize it as simply just due to not having traits is a reach.
Though initially I must admit I was happy to buy traitstones back in early 2017. It would not break my heart to see them disabled for 30 matches every 4 weeks.

And the argument that people won’t like it…
I imagine they’ll enjoy it more than losing turn 1 or 2 due to empowered troops and “RNG”.
My solution is the much lesser evil. And incase 2020 hasn’t taught you anything. People don’t enjoy change for the large part. Even if it’s to their benefit in the long run.

If they removed Traits from defenses. People would actually have to be more creative on Defenses. Rather than just build around empowered troops.
So on defense you’d actually be more challenged than you already are.

1 Like

Wrong. It would come down to stats. So folks that have level 2500 because no job would run over everything

If 2 to 3 of the opponent team is empowered converters, yes, you basically are fighting the same battle over and over.

You obviously have a view point I disagree with, and that is fine. Based upon the totality of the responses, I would guess I am more of the main stream player - casual guild, playing for fun - and you are one of the elite players - restrictive guild, playing to win, period.

Both are valid points. So maybe traits are only active for top 100 GW guilds and disabled during GW for the rest of us.

1 Like

I kind of wonder if anyone that is complaining is taking 1st in B1 Wars. Probably not! I think they should have 2 guild wars going where there is a JV league where there are restrictions and your guild can pick that. No empowered troops and no traits or whatever. Then a varsity league where there are no restrictions your guild could also pick that one. If you choose the wrong one sorry you will have to start at bottom next wars so choose wisely. This would please everyone

Not likely. But given that 99.9% of the player base doesn’t take 1st, so what? For the game company, you are a very, very, very small number of people and the rest of us make up the bulk of their customers.

Bracket 5 here, fairly casual guild. Empowered troops are fine. Everyone has access to them. You could say Zuul or EoE or any meta troops are overpowered, but everyone has access to them, and you as the attacking player always have an advantage over AI.

Feel free to disagree, of course, but I highly doubt major changes like this will happen to GW. It’s designed to be a mixing pot of any troops, any style, encouraging unique teams through unique defense troops bonuses and colored days. Whether you want it or not, don’t expect any sort of troop/trait/talent locking. We can’t get much simplier, much more requested tweaks to go through, let alone something like this.

3 Likes

It’s really funny when the AI empowered troop everyone complains about makes a stupid move so yes you can put the empowered troops in the hands of the AI and hope for the best. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Also worth noting that zapping away empowered troops doesn’t fix the perceived issue mentioned by OP. Without empowered troops in GW, a new looping meta would arise. Goblins, exploders, converters, whatever. You can make one match for Thrall and destroy half the board and loop troops from there, for example.

Part of the fun of GW is figuring out how to deal with the metas :wink:

4 Likes

To Rojo and NerdieBirdie - I appreciate your opinions but disagree with you. I am making a variety of suggestions for options for them to consider. They may or may not consider it. They obviously did consider the balance issue with Dawnbringer and such so I have some hope. If I don’t suggest, then I know they will never look at it at all.

Bracket 1 is 1 - 10, bracket 5 is 41 - 50 - these are not really casual guilds. With 2000+ guilds in GW, the top 50 are the top 3%. As I said, the other 90% are much more casual - GW if you want this week or don’t if you don’t feel like it. I suspect that would get one kicked out of your guilds.

Yes, the meta changes with every troop release. Yes, other degenerate teams will then be viable. But they normally give you at least 2 turns to setup against them, rather than 1 with empowered.

Basically, like many other games, once enough troops/cards/whatever are released, unless balancing is extremely well done, some items/troops/cards cause issues and the company needs to address them for the 90% of the customer base.

Exactly why I suggested a JV league and a Varsity league for folks that want no restrictions on their troops. Guilds can choose either one. I’m going with varsity. You can go with JV. :woman_shrugging:

That’s assuming 90% of the playerbase agrees with you, though. I know that I as a newer player would not want to fight stronger troops that I don’t have access to while not being able to use some of the troops and traits I do have access to.

2 Likes

What folks are proposing is the Devs sell you stuff but then not allow you to use it. You really can’t make this stuff up. Too funny.

Rojo - thus my alternative that top 100 guilds in GW use traits, and the rest don’t.
NerdieBirdie - yes, that is the question the company has to answer - they will look at their analytics and decide which changes work best for them. Complaints and suggestions give them a feel for what their customer base wants - and the GW results for 90% of the guilds shows they are not power gamers/munchkins like yourself, but causal players that likely would prefer a more level playing field like Arena. The broke PVP up into Ranked and Standard for the same reason.

No one plays Arena. Even worse than before. With weapon you could at least stomach it for a minute lol. There are 2 other events running right now so folks that don’t like competitive play can go play those or even arena. Stop trying to make guild wars arena. Goodness. Go play arena!

1 Like

Rojo - yes, like Arena which does exactly that. And buying stuff gives you options. You don’t need to buy traitstones, they are very easy to get. The new Campaign stuff is a good example of reoccurring revenue streams. At the other end is War Bands and Path to Power - basically, avoid the grind to get powered up.