REDIRECTION from a support reply

This is cool and while I think there are problems with having bug reports on the forums, if there’s some indication that people are supposed to behave within and perhaps special rules for Bug Report posts it will solve most of my issues.

To some extent I like seeing them super-visible like this. I’ve been trying to resist “I think this is by design” kind of answers unless I think there’s ample evidence.

I actually also feel like bug reports on the forum make it more likely for bugs to be reported. That’s the good part about it.
Basically, when I found a bug, I always wondered if it would be worth it. One time, my game crashed once(!) when I refreshed casual PVP. The game made an error log and asked to send it to the devs, so I made a ticket. Kafka replied to me, saying the log had been shown to the devs and that I should update my drivers and get back to her and report. And I sat there and was like “:cold_sweat: Ooookay, I cannot reproduce this, the game never crashed again, Kafka has - given the reply speed - obviously a million other reports to handle, the other devs should also have other things to do than look at the report of a one-time crash…”

And so, I kind of stopped reporting these tiny things to zendesk. Like the treasure hunt visible bug I reported here lately which has the game tell you “quest reward Shentang” instead of “Treasure Hunt score” at the end of TH. But here, on the forum, it feels less daunting to report these minor issues because either someone will look at them or not and maybe some players will chime in, too. For these things, the forum bug reports are good.
But for anything more serious that causes real issues in the game, I feel like the forum with all its many users and joking and memes and squabbling and thread derailing is just not the best place. For serious issues, I want them to be handled in a serious environment. And while this forum is lovely, it’s not a very serious place, I feel. No game forum on the internet really is. Humans are humans. (Come on, all I ever post here are bunny gifs. How can this be a serious place?!:rabbit: :wink: )